Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to Restrict user login after certain time in Solaris?? Post 302442299 by hergp on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 01:46:04 AM
Old 08-04-2010
There is no built in mechanism for that in Solaris. Linux comes with a PAM module named pam_time, but I could not find a Solaris port.

Last edited by hergp; 08-05-2010 at 02:30 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic time out of user login

I have asked by our security team to implement an automatic time out for user logins after a specified time interval. I have never heard of this feature in Unix before. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this for HP-UX 11i? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get all user's login time

hi all, i need yor help!!!:D i am a newbie in programming i want to get user list and their login time... i have search and learn about pswd and utmp, but i only can get usr list without their login time... do you have an idea to solve my problem? thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alif
5 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enforce login as specific user in Solaris

Hi, I need to implement something that will enforce login to a Solaris server as a particular, specifed user. After this login stage, users will be able to "su -" to whichever user they wish, by which time their activity will be captured by some sort of script (yet to be written). What I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamiegeo1
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

5. SCO

Restrict user from breaking out of login script

I have a login script similar to where the user's shell in /etc/passwd is set to csh: echo "In .login" setenv SHELL /bin/csh /bin/sh -c trap "" 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 15 /path/to/application logout --------------------- however, even with the trap command the user is still able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10

Hi all, I want to create a new user and grant him ONLY transfer files access to a specific directory where he can only upload and read the files. He should be restricted to this activity only. Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilldn
6 Replies

7. AIX

User login time

I want to set the "logintimes" variable for a user on a server who need access mornings and night how to I set the "logintimes" I want the user to log in from 08:00 to 12:00 and 17:00 to 21:00 is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

8. Solaris

HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris?

Hi Admins, HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris ? And do I need to insatll any packages before doing this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
PAM_TIME(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						       PAM_TIME(8)

NAME
pam_time - PAM module for time control access SYNOPSIS
pam_time.so [debug] [noaudit] DESCRIPTION
The pam_time PAM module does not authenticate the user, but instead it restricts access to a system and or specific applications at various times of the day and on specific days or over various terminal lines. This module can be configured to deny access to (individual) users based on their name, the time of day, the day of week, the service they are applying for and their terminal from which they are making their request. By default rules for time/port access are taken from config file /etc/security/time.conf. If Linux PAM is compiled with audit support the module will report when it denies access. OPTIONS
debug Some debug information is printed with syslog(3). noaudit Do not report logins at disallowed time to the audit subsystem. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the account type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS Access was granted. PAM_ABORT Not all relevant data could be gotten. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_PERM_DENIED Access was not granted. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN The user is not known to the system. FILES
/etc/security/time.conf Default configuration file EXAMPLES
#%PAM-1.0 # # apply pam_time accounting to login requests # login account required pam_time.so SEE ALSO
time.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7). AUTHOR
pam_time was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_TIME(8)