Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inter-shell communication
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Inter-shell communication Post 302442238 by xinUoG on Tuesday 3rd of August 2010 06:42:41 PM
Old 08-03-2010
Inter-shell communication

If I open two bash shells and telnet from Shell 2 to a remote server (on the Net), is there a way to direct input from Shell 1 to the telnet shell?

The telnet shell is a limited environment with a specific command set.

I want to direct commands from Shell 1 and, if possible, put 1-second delays between them because the remote telnet shell server can't handle rapid input.

It would be ideal to redirect a file with the commands (with carriage returns and pauses between them) from Shell 1.

I tried with Netcat, but I don't know how to make Shell 1 and Shell 2 talk to each other, especially when Shell 2 is engaged in a telnet session.

Any suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Inter Process Communication

unix IPC i would like to know the method of usage of semaphores on shared memory segments the topic seems very difficult to understand mainly when difrent proceses communicate instantly and how do i avaoid deadlock situation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathanil
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Inter Process File Handling Problem

Hi All, i am running a oracle procedure which writes a file . The same file is picked up by another script which runs in a cron after every 5 minutes. Now the problem is that sometimes my script picks up a file while the procedure is still writing data in the file. is there is any way i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhjain
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inter-process communication:pipes,doors,etc.

Hi, I am thinking about writing a log daemon for a multi-processed ksh application (yes - I know that high-level language would be a better option). My question is as follows: If many processes (many scripts) will try writing to a single log file: print "message" > common.log Will it work or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adderek
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Serial Communication from shell Mac OS X PHP script

Hi again, I spoke with Keyspan and they assured me the USB to Serial device was working if I could use the Screen tool. I asked why I was unable to redirect stdin/stdout to and from the /dev/tty. device and was told there was no reason I shouldn't be able to do so. I have tried: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpfogarty
1 Replies

5. Programming

C program using IPC (inter process communication)

i want to write a C chat program that communicates over IPC(inter process communication), that could be run using 2 seperate terminal windows within the same computer. so that wat u type in one terminal window , should appear on the other and vice versa... could some one please help me with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: localp
2 Replies

6. Programming

help with write-read locks inter-process

I need help!Many Thanks! Now,I try to manage the shared memory inter-process . Inevitably,I have to deal with the synchronous. I know the pthread_rwlock in posix,and I compile ,then run successfully in Red Hat Enterprise 4. I have a doubt about whether the Posix supports the system such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weizh
1 Replies

7. Programming

logic understanding for inter client chat server

hello everyone, i am making chat server in linux using c. i have made programs in which group chat can take place between multiple clients but i am not able to understand how to make 2 particular clients chat with each other. please help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweetbella
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

communication between shell and and a demon 'c' program

Hello, i have a demon 'c' program that have a dynamic table of logic registers ( 2000 variables ). exemple of registers: I1.34.5 M23.4.1 I want from shell acess to this table of registers. How can i do this? with something like for read I1.34.5: #cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rzyz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Communication between different hosts through shell scripts.

1) I have two scripts named as a.sh,b.sh running two different hosts host1 and host2 2) So now how to execute b.sh on host2 from a.sh on host1 3) Also I have few queries regarding the same as I want to execute few commands with sudo and with different user in script b.sh so how this can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Implement inter vlan routing with Linux

Hello. I want to Communicate 2 VLAN with router like this solution: http://8pic.ir/images/83m0ouih8mmm9s1sfl56.jpg For this purpose I'm configuring 2 Linux system as a switch and connect 4 host to them. Then a router is added to scenario. The configuration of the switches is: On DUT1(Linux):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zsn
1 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)