Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need on Veritas filesystem, solaris Post 302442231 by jaapar on Tuesday 3rd of August 2010 05:07:01 PM
Old 08-03-2010
Code:
xxx# vxdisk -e list Disk_22
Device:    Disk_22
devicetag: Disk_22
type:      auto
flags:     online error private autoconfig
errno:     Device path not valid
Multipathing information:
numpaths:   2
c3t50060E8005BBB052d20s2        state=enabled
c3t50060E8005BBB052d20s2        state=disabled
xxx#

Code:
 22. c3t50060E8005BBB052d20 <HITACHI-OPEN-V-SUN-6004 cyl 65533 alt 2 hd 15 sec 768>
          /ssm@0,0/pci@19,700000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0/ssd@w50060e8005bbb052,14

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

veritas filesystem and volume manager

WHat is the difference between Veritas filesystem and veritas volume manager? Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knarayan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

veritas Filesystem for HP UX 11

Hello, We have a HP unix server running witch the veritas file system. Does anybody know the difference between the veritas filesystem and lvm? Why should you choose for veritas filesystem or lvm The server is running with a progress sql database HP UX 11. We have a little problem getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjwillemse
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the filesystem size under veritas control

Hi all, aloe:root-> df �k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 8254263 2064133 6107588 26% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 with veritas

Hi All, I need info on veritas volume manager with solaris 8. Although I have worked with HP-UX 10-11 (vmm is integrted), I still don't know what is the command for modifying, monitoring and troubleshooting vvm on solaris 8. Is it the same? Can't find good documentation on my search with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move veritas filesystem space between Logical volumes

I have a veritas file system (fsA) that is nearing capacity. We have secondary file system (fsB). that is unused and would like to move some of it's disk space but I'm unsure as to how to do this with. /dev/vx/dsk/vg05/lvol05 25288704 21887258 3188911 88% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steelysteel
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Undo the Veritas mirroring and update from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10

Hi all I wish to undo the mirroring for root and update the Solaris version from 8 to 10. Since i am lack of knowledge and experience on this, hope you all can help me double check the step and correct me. Existing disk groups details root@leo # vxdg list NAME STATE ID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Howto Convert a filesystem from Veritas to ZFS?

Hi Folks, Looking for info here more than any actual HowTo, does anyone know if there is an actual way of converting a Veritas or UFS filesystem to ZFS leaving the resident data intact. All that I have been able to find, including the commercial products seem to require the FS backed up from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gull04
1 Replies

8. Solaris

removing the filesystem from Veritas Volume Manager

Hi All, recently i had the project. Got 2 server, one is Mercury, and another is Procyon. two server was attached to EMC Box and use the Veritas Filesystem. My question is, 1. Is it possible first remove the filesystem(/u03,/u04) from Veritas in Procyon, no effect on the data? we still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated # df -k /var Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/var 13241195 12475897 674524 96% /var # fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var ufs # pkginfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)