Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LUNS in AIX
Operating Systems AIX LUNS in AIX Post 302442166 by lrascon on Tuesday 3rd of August 2010 12:22:30 PM
Old 08-03-2010
Luns were on preferred path, thank you for your reply. I did find the following on IBM website for this error:
Error descriptionFCP_ARRAY_ERR2 errors may be logged in the errpt during
a system reboot, or when running cfgmgr, similar to the
following:

IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION
2E493F13 0501040008 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION
ERROR

The SENSE DATA field in the error log entry contains
data similar to the following:

Detail Data
SENSE DATA
0600 1A00 2E00 4C04 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0502 0000 7000 0500
0000 009E 0000 0000 2400 00C0 0002 0000 0100 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

This affects AIX systems attached to DS4000 storage with
firmware version 07.10.22.00 or higher.

Local fix
Ignore the errors, or back-level the DS4000 firmware to
a previous version.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how can I monitoring the LUNs in HP storage

Hi, How can i monitoring the LUN in HP Storage with korn shells? I would like to have a shell can monitoring the LUN, VGs, lvols and raw devices. Jesus (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgutierrez29
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP LV's for Hitachin Luns

Hi, This is my first post and I hope I can present my questions the right way. I am going to be asked to create logical volumes for a Hitachi SAN device on a New HP 11 server. Currently, They are running their data on a EMC (prod server). They are looking to convert the data and filesystems over to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni-dev
3 Replies

3. AIX

creating luns vg

Hi All, I have these config on my old ssa. Vg4 22GB (pps 256) Vg2 88GB (pps 128) Vg3 22GB (pps 256) Vg8 88GB (pps 128) Vg13 106GB (pps 32) Vg12 106GB (pps 32) Vg10 54GB (pps 64) Vg11 54GB (pps 64) When I create a lun on my san do I need to specify the same pps. If yes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. AIX

Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host

Hi, I would like to know if there is a command similar to scsimgr in HP-UX that can help me change the algorithm and reserve_policy attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host. Otherwise I would have to use, chdev -l hdiskX -a algorithm=round_robin reserve_policy=no_reserve in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
1 Replies

5. Linux

Rescan LUNs on Linux VM

Hi, I have presented a new 70GB LUN to my RedHat Linux VM server. How do I rescan for the new LUN? Thanks, Sparcman:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

6. Solaris

luns

how to create luns plzzzzzz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Amount of LUNs used for zpool

Hi folks, is there any rule or best practise for amount of LUNs user for zpool construction (from view of performance etc.)?? THX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
4 Replies

9. AIX

StorWize v3700 and Power8 (S822) AIX, configuration best practice for LUNs?

Hello, We have an Power8 System (S822) and a IBM StorWize v3700 SAN. The OS is AIX 7.1. With this hardware from what I read I need to download/install special SDDPCM drivers, so I did (SDDPCM VERSION 2.6.6.0 (devices.sddpcm.71.rte). I carved my volumes in the StorWize and presented to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Are these SAN LUNs really not mounted?

Hello everyone. I've been asked to check if something is wrong with the storage setup on these two SunOS 5.10 machines, which are being used as database servers with Oracle RAC configuration. Seems to be that the DB guy is complaining, telling that they are nearly out of space, which sounds... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kacareu
4 Replies
Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY - access an existing message folder as array SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Box::Manager; my $mgr = Mail::Box::Manager->new; my $folder = $mgr->open(folder => 'inbox'); use Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY; tie my(@inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY', $folder; # deprecated, but works too use Mail::Box::Tie; tie my(@inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie', $folder; foreach (@inbox) {print $_->short} print $_->print foreach @inbox; my $emails = @inbox; print $inbox[3]; print scalar @inbox; push @inbox, Mail::Box::Message->new(...); delete $inbox[6]; print $inbox[0]->head->get('status'); my $folder = tied @inbox; untie @inbox; DESCRIPTION
Certainly when you look at a folder as a list of messages, it is logical to access the folder through an array. Not all operations on arrays are supported. Actually, most functions which would reduce the size of the array are modified instead to mark messages for deletion. Examples what you cannot do: shift/unshift/pop/splice @inbox; METHODS
Constructors TIEARRAY('Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY', FOLDER) Create the tie on an existing folder. example: tie an array to a folder my $mgr = Mail::Box::Manager->new; my $inbox = $mgr->new(folder => $ENV{MAIL}); tie my(@inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie::Array', ref $inbox, $inbox; Tied Interface $obj->DELETE() Flag a message to be removed. Be warned that the message stays in the folder, and is not removed before the folder is written. example: delete $inbox[5]; $inbox[5]->delete; #same $obj->FETCH(INDEX) Get the message which is at the indicated location in the list of messages contained in this folder. Deleted messages will be returned as "undef". example: print $inbox[3]; # 4th message in the folder print @inbox[3,0]; # 4th and first of the folder print $inbox[-1]; # last message $obj->FETCHSIZE() Return the total number of messages in a folder. This is called when the folder-array is used in scalar context, for instance. example: if(@inbox > 10) # contains more than 10 messages? my $nrmsgs = @inbox; $obj->PUSH(MESSAGES) Add MESSAGES to the end of the folder. example: push @inbox, $newmsg; $obj->STORE(INDEX, MESSAGE) Random message replacement is not permitted --doing so would disturb threads etc. An error occurs if you try to do this. The only thing which is allowed is to store a message at the first free index at the end of the folder (which is also achievable with PUSH()). example: $inbox[8] = $add; $inbox[-1] = $add; push @inbox, $add; $obj->STORESIZE(LENGTH) Sets all messages behind from LENGTH to the end of folder to be deleted. DETAILS
Folder tied as array Limitations This module implements "TIEARRAY", "FETCH", "STORE", "FETCHSIZE", "STORESIZE", "DELETE", "PUSH", and "DESTROY". This module does not implement all other methods as described in the Tie::Array documentation, because the real array of messages is not permitted to shrink or be mutilated. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY(3pm)