Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with opening another file from within a shell script Post 302442136 by dahlia84 on Tuesday 3rd of August 2010 10:19:48 AM
Old 08-03-2010
Do u have a specific code that is not working? Or in general if u want some sample code on how to open files from shell scripts then please

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
for values in `cat a.txt`
do
echo ${values}
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help required in deleting a line without opening a file usinga shell script

Hi, I need a help in deleting a line matching a particular pattern in a file using shell script without opening the file. The file is a .c/.cpp file. Is it possible? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a UNIX shell in Java

Hi, I need to simulate the machine's native shell (sh), for that I open up a UNIX shell in my Java program. My code works fine with windows shell ('cmd') but with unix ('sh') I failed to retrieve the machine's prompt. I believe that the issue is unix-related and that the process I launched has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guyi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Following problem when opening shell script (Very Urgent)

Hi All, Actually when i am trying to open my shell script file 1.sh then i am getting the following error. > vi 1.sh "/var/tmp/ExdNaarK" No space left on device Can anybody tell me that how to rectify it. It is very urgent. Because i am not able to do any work due to the above error. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a File with a script

Hi, i am writing a script for exporting tables in oracle, my requirement is to take parameters from the user in a file.. i have to open vi the file,, once user is done with entering the parameters i have to save the file and execite the command exp parfile=exp_2.par .. please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in $() without opening a new shell

The code below works, but takes too many lines and looks awkward: db2 "export to $filename of del select * from $table with ur"|tee -a $LOGFILE|awk '/Number of rows exported:/ {print $5}' > numrows.tmp numrows=$(cat numrows.tmp) rm numrows.tmp When I try the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akar_naveen
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Error opening script file - location error

Hello, I know nothing about UNIX, ftp, etc. I am building an excel VBA macro which calls a .bat file. I've taken a pre-existing batch file and am trying to modify it to fit my purposes. I would be very grateful for some assistance. Here is my .bat file: echo off set... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: starcraftbud
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening Child Shell & Executing a script in the same context

Hi, Is the below possible (SHELL = tcsh)? -- I want to write an 'alias' something like this - alias set_my_work "setenv SOME_VAR;tcsh -i;source work_script.cshrc" The intention is to run this alias and enter a child shell, at the same time ensuring that the work_script.cshrc is source-ed.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra.a.c
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script opening and closing a program

REALLY new to this stuff, sorry. So I want a shell script to open a program, wait 45 minutes, close it, and then do it all again. I want to do this because I am running an iMacros Script for a long period of time and if Firefox is not constantly restarted, memory leaks start to happen. Anyway... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsbbg
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a file in vi and automatically save and quit this file using shell script

Hi friends, In my shell script, I want to open a file using vi editor. After opening the file in vi, I want to save and quit this file automatically.... all through shell script. the code segment is: ------------------------------------------------------------ cd ~/netfpga/projects/scone/sw/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinteotia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Scrip in Masking particular columns in .csv file or .txt file using shell script

Hello Unix Shell Script Experts, I have a script that would mask the columns in .csv file or .txt file. First the script will untar the .zip files from Archive folder and processes into work folder and finally pushes the masked .csv files into Feed folder. Two parameters are passed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh G
5 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)