Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup script calculating which type to run Post 302442092 by rab on Tuesday 3rd of August 2010 09:00:07 AM
Old 08-03-2010
Thanks Lakris,

Now have a working script Smilie

Really helps to stand back and let someone else see it, instead of doing it the long winded hard way!

Cheers,
Rab

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

<drive type unknown> when format command run

Hi, we are running solaris 9 on V280R. Due to power failure, one disk's label and lost its details like drive type etc. Disk details: <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424> single partition on slice 6 with UFS. The below i see when i run "format" command ..... ..... 4.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating field using AWK, or GAWK script

Hello all, I'm totally new to UNIX/Linux but I'm taking a course in it at my local JC. My question: I have been tasked with writing a gawk script that will create a nicely formatted report. That part I've done ok on...however, the very last thing that must be done is a calculation of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to determine what type of backup I've on the tape

I've tape which I've to use to restore data. The problem is that I don't know what type of backup I have on this type. Can someone help me and tell me how can I determine what type of backup is on the tape? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

5. AIX

calculating the size of the luns using script

Hi This is the lspv output of my server : cbspsdb01 #lspv hdisk0 00c7518d2d512fd4 cdgvg active hdisk1 00c7518d2dcbc9d6 cdgvg active hdisk2 00c7518dcda9199a appvg active hdisk3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating script run time in Solaris OS

Hi All, I have written script and wanted to know the run time of it in seconds. i used below logic but am not getting the results in second instead getting error. cat pkloader.sh # if you want to calculate the time in milliseconds then use $(date +%s%N) START_TIME=`date +%s` echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Script Calculating Average

Can anyone explain what each line of the code does and how it works? I have no experience with python so I am not sure how the arrays and such work. I found this code while looking through the forums. f = open("exams","r") l = f.readline() while l: l = l.split(" ") values = l ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
22 Replies