Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Unable to Run a script at startup in suse Post 302441856 by mark54g on Monday 2nd of August 2010 04:28:36 PM
Old 08-02-2010
Have you tried using a template to create a startup script?

The init scripts in suse allow for prerequisites such as mysql being up if that is what you wish.

Cool Solutions: Creating Custom init Scripts should help you out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Run a script during reboot/startup

Hi all, i have a script in /etc/init.d directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26 Mar 28 16:00 myscript I need it to run when my linux reboots/startup. However is it not being executed. Do i need to put in in the rc.local directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run a script

thi is (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
10 Replies

3. AIX

run script at startup

I am using AIX 5.3 in P6 machine. I have a script "test.sh", when i run it manually it runs properly. I want to run the script automatically when system starts. I kept the script in /etc/rc.d/init.d and also in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d but it is not working. Do i have to write it in inittab instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run mono app using .sh script

I did a search for this problem but couldn't find any specific answers to my problem. We have a .NET application compiled in SharpDevelop for Mono which we want to execute with a .sh shell script on Ubuntu. When we execute the script nothing happens meaning the application's visual interface... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JacquesB
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: Trouble unable to run

I am trying to create a menu, and the script fails on ln 38 (Files in pwd). Any idea on where the problem is?? Thanks for the help Rob #!/bin/bash # Cool Script for Weekly Assignment 2 (#3) that creates a menu to act as a ui # and run some popular commands. clear while : do ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run script at startup.

Hi guys , I Need to run a specific command (pinging a particular machine). Which need to run every time i reboot the server till the time it shut down. What is the preferred way of doing this. Will it impact my system performance. My Operating system is as below. # lsb_release -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script at startup

hi, i am using rhel 5, and i wanna run a script as soon as the operating system open. How can i do this ? ( i was reading rc.d files but i could not understand exactly what are the run levels and where should i put the my shell script. my script will be : #!/bin/ksh iptables -I INPUT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: futi
1 Replies

8. AIX

Run script with different user at the startup ..

Run script with different user at the startup .. I have created this user appuser And I have a script should to be up thru the startup by this user appuser I have defined the path of the script /user/appstart.sh in /etc/rc But at the startup starting will be by root , I’d like to keep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

9. Solaris

run a service via startup script (correct me if I am wrong)

Environment Solaris 9 I have configured the Solaris9 as NTP client in which Solaris9 is syncing the time with a windows2008 R2 Server which is runing fine. Now I want that the xntpd service should start at startup. I did this via a script. Kindly correct if I did any thing wrong: 1.)Made... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to run the script on remote machine Using Expect script

Not able to execute the file in remote host using except utility I am automating the SFTP keys setp process: So i created the expect script for controlling the output of shell below is my main code: Code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd set password close $fd set df set app close $df... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manoj Bajpai
1 Replies
SYSLOG(8)                                                         System Logging                                                         SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)