Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Boot 5.0.7 in RAM and change keyboard Post 302441793 by ccc on Monday 2nd of August 2010 11:22:46 AM
Old 08-02-2010
Boot 5.0.7 in RAM and change keyboard

hi

I've boot OpenServer Release 5.0.7 from a setup CD and started "Execute a shell on ramdisk filesystem".
Howto change keyboard from american to swiss german?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Sparc box wont boot. Keyboard?

Do I HAVE to have a Sun Sparc type keyboard? Ive got an Ultra Sparc workstation I got from EBAY that was supposted to be working. This box has a PS2 AND Sparc's odd looking keyboard port. Does my system have a switch in the BIOS simmilar to the x86 "Halt on keyboard error?" ...Or maybe a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curt
5 Replies

2. Solaris

HELP! Keyboard connected but Ultra60 doesn't boot :-((

Hi all, This is my first post here :) Hope some guru here will be able to help ... I'm in a predicament - my Ultra 60 worked fine before it was put into storage a year ago ... now, I've set it up in my PC room and I get the following message on startup: Can't open input device. Keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: montezumola
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

After Solaris 10 installation I was unable to change keyboard using known commands kbd -s and eeprom keyboard layoit. Also modifinig /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc did not helped. And is possible to replace Solaris keymap with ubuntu keymap because my keyboard work perfectly under Ubuntu and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

Hi to everyone Once again I tried to modify my keyboard , because I am crazy keyborad can not be changed using kbd-s eeprom also I tried to modify /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc but I tried opensolaris and my keyboard works perfectly So my question is Can I transfer settings from... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keyboard and mouse dont work after sometime from boot in linux.

when i started booting linux ,after sometime both the mouse and the keyboard are getting freeze and wont respond(also the system gets hanged and all the process running dont go forward) ,nothing seem to work. Keeping in mind that it will work after sometime ,i waited for one hour also ,but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
1 Replies
ramdisk(7D)							      Devices							       ramdisk(7D)

NAME
ramdisk - RAM disk device driver SYNOPSIS
ramdisk@0:diskname DESCRIPTION
The ramdisk driver supports numerous ramdisk devices that are created by the system during the boot process (see boot(1M)) or during nor- mal system operation (see ramdiskadm(1M) for more information). DEVICE SPECIAL FILES
Each ramdisk can be accessed either as a block device or as a raw device. When accessed as a block device, the normal buffering mechanism is used when reading from and writing to the device, without regard to physical disk records. Accessing the ramdisk as a raw device enables direct transmission between the disk and the read or write buffer. A single read or write call usually results in a single I/O operation, meaning that raw I/O is more efficient when many bytes are transmitted. You can find block files names in /dev/ramdisk. Raw file names are found in /dev/rramdisk. There are no alignment or length restrictions on I/O requests to either block or character devices. ERRORS
EFAULT The argument features a bad address. EINVAL Invalid argument. EIO. An I/O error occurred. EPERM Cannot create or delete a ramdisk without write permission on /dev/ramdiskctl. ENOTTY The device does not support the requested ioctl function. ENXIO The device did not exist during opening. EBUSY Cannot exclusively open /dev/ramdiskctl. One or more ramdisks are still open. EEXIST A ramdisk with the indicated name already exists. EAGAIN Cannot allocate resource for ramdisk. Try again later. FILES
/dev/ramdisk/diskname Block device for ramdisk named diskname. /dev/rramdisk/diskname Raw device for ramdisk name diskname /kernel/drv/ramdisk 32-bit driver /kernel/drv/ramdisk.conf Driver configuration file. (Do not alter). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/ramdisk 64-bit driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ramdiskadm(1M), fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), mount(1M), newfs(1M), driver.conf(4), filesystem(5), dkio(7I) NOTES
The percentage of available physical memory that can be allocated to ramdisks is constrained by the variable rd_percent_physmem. You can tune the rd_percent_physmem variable in /etc/system. By default, the percentage of available physical memory that can be allocated to ramdisks is fixed at 25%. A ramdisk may not be the best possible use of system memory. Accordingly, use ramdisks only when absolutely necessary. SunOS 5.10 04 Mar 2003 ramdisk(7D)