Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to list 3 days old processes Post 302441747 by methyl on Monday 2nd of August 2010 08:06:24 AM
Old 08-02-2010
Quote:
ps: command is not a valid field name
Also, the command syntax suggested for "ps" is not valid on HP-UX .
Maybe respondant meant?:
Code:
UNIX95=1 ps -eo pid,ppid,comm,stime

However the format of the "stime" column is probably not useful for processing in the suggested Perl program because the field format changes from "HH:MM:SS" to "MMM dD" for processes more than 24 hours old.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list last 10 days modified files

All, Is there is anyother single command that will handle ls -lrt | tail -10 Please let me know Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List directory 7 days older

Say folder archive/ contains many folder each created on a day. this folder may contain files. i want to write a script to delete all the folder inside archive/ which are 7 days older. i used the below script for the reason. find archive -mtime +7 -type d -exec rm -r {} \; pls suggest me if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnarao
3 Replies

3. Programming

how to get list of processes

Hi, How can I get a list of all the running processes, in C? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yaron
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to kill processes that are older than 3 days

Hi, I need a .ksh script that lists all the process that are currently running and older than 3 days. once the process list is available i need to mail the list and then kill those processes. Quick response is highly appreciated :b: Thanks in Advance!!! Sri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
3 Replies

5. Solaris

List of files last modified 30/60/90 days

Hi, I want to find the list of all the files under a directory (including it's subdirectories) last modified 30 days, 60 days, 90 days..also I want to find out the rate at which the disk space is growing. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the files which are older than 7 days

Hi Frnds, I have to list the files which are older than 7 days in the given directory. it should consider only the files and should not show subdirectories. Thanks, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

7. AIX

etime - get processes running for more than 30 days

In AIX I am trying to get the processes ran by user declan using the following format: ps -aef -o user,pid,etime,args | grep declan Then I get a result similar to (for example): declan 103264 123-12:47:33 /applications/apache/1.3.39.0/bin/httpd -d /var/applications/apache/www1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

listing processes older than n days

Hello; trying to find processes older than n days, mostly user shells Tried the following code on 11.31 box: in this case older than 5 days UNIX95= ps -ef -o user,pid,ppid,cpu,etime,stime | grep "-" | awk '{print $2}' | xargs ps -ef|grep -v '?' |\ awk '$5 !~ ""' | awk '($5 ~ "$(date "+%b")")... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i list files above 5 days old?

HI how can i list files above 5 days old i want to keep only last 5 days application logs Regards, Ben (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files older than 10 days.

Hello all, I want to list the files older than 10 days. Currently am using find ./ -mtime +10 -exec ls -ltr {} \; command. But I want to execute the same command in 16 directories at a time and want an output asking to remove those file? Please help me to design the script. regards, Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02Ajay
3 Replies
STIME(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  STIME(2)

NAME
stime - set time SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> int stime(const time_t *t); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): stime(): Since glibc 2.19: _DEFAULT_SOURCE Glibc 2.19 and earlier: _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
stime() sets the system's idea of the time and date. The time, pointed to by t, is measured in seconds since the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC). stime() may be executed only by the superuser. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT Error in getting information from user space. EPERM The calling process has insufficient privilege. Under Linux, the CAP_SYS_TIME privilege is required. CONFORMING TO
SVr4. SEE ALSO
date(1), settimeofday(2), capabilities(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2016-03-15 STIME(2)