Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo directory
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS sudo directory Post 302441664 by Mack1982 on Monday 2nd of August 2010 02:18:03 AM
Old 08-02-2010
/usr/local/sbin/visudo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo on directory

Hello, I have a directory with 45 kshell scripts . I would like to grant sudo to specific account on this DIRECTORY and not on each and every files. Is it possible ? (note: I have the same scripts and directory both on linux redhat + hpux) Best Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

3. AIX

sudo log and sudo auditing

Sudo In AIX, how to find out what commands have been run after a user sudo to another user? for example, user sam run 'sudo -u robert ksh' then run some commands, how can I (as root) find what commands have been run? sudo.log only contains sudo event, no activity logging. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change io logging directory sudo 1.7.4p6

There was an update in sudo 1.7.5 : -The I/O log directory may now be specified in the sudoers file. I am stuck using sudo 1.7.4p6. Because it is supported by HP on thier HP-UX builds. Is there a process to change this directory in sudo 1.7.4p6? currently sudo 1.7.4p6's default is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trimike
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. Solaris

restrict sudo and chown in specified directory

Hi Dears, I have one requirement like this: general user A can execute command C with root privilege by sudo configuration some folders and files are created during the command C execution user A cannot access those folders and files because the owner is root user, so I want the user A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved]Can anyone tell me why -H flag with sudo doesn't switch to the target user's home directory?

I have checked the man page ,which says : The -H (HOME) option sets the HOME environment variable to the homedir of the target user (root by default) as specified in passwd(5). By default, sudo does not modify HOME But I have tried below command: #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michaelw321
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)				    systemd-rc-local-generator				     SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-rc-local-generator - Compatibility generator for starting /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local during boot and shutdown SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-rc-local-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-rc-local-generator is a generator that checks whether /etc/rc.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the rc-local.service unit into the boot process. This unit is responsible for running this script during late boot. Note that the script will be run with slightly different semantics than the original System V version, which was run "last" in the boot process, which is a concept that does not translate to systemd. The script is run after network.target, but in parallel with most other regular system services. systemd-rc-local-generator also checks whether /usr/sbin/halt.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the halt-local.service unit into the shutdown process. This unit is responsible for running this script during later shutdown. Support for both /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local is provided for compatibility with specific System V systems only. However, it is strongly recommended to avoid making use of these scripts today, and instead provide proper unit files with appropriate dependencies for any scripts to run during the boot or shutdown processes. systemd-rc-local-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)