Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with old DG/UX machine, virtualizing? Post 302441575 by dgux on Sunday 1st of August 2010 09:45:29 AM
Old 08-01-2010
R4.20MUO4

Pretty patched up. Thought about trying to install from scratch (if I could boot into it), but it'll be too much work and I dont think I have all the patches to get the system to it's production status.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

3. AIX

Virtualizing the Fiber card (VFC) on P595

Hi, We have a P595 machine with a dual port Fiber card per VIOs. We have two VIOs in the box. VIO1: ---> 2 port Fiber Card VIO2: ---> 2 port Fiber Card One port on each fiber card is utilized. Connected to SAN switches. We are getting all disks from SAN both for VIOs and LPARs. Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtualizing SCO v5 - interesting project/nightmare, could use some help

same old story, we have an important very old app running on SCO 5, box is only on LAN and as such was never updated by anyone etc.. box is nearing its end of life in a bad way (currently experiencing some SCSI issues) and it's time to do something when good advice of "lets upgrade" for years was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mc18
1 Replies

5. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies

6. AIX

Virtualizing Physical Machine

Hi Experts - we have power710 (no VIOs) that is already connected to hmc and everything . I already have a Physical LPAR in there and network configured . Now I plan to delete that LPAR and then put Virtualization code (COD) to virtualize that machine by building VIO servers and stuff.Also ordered... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
9 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Application for Virtualizing CyberSpace like Outer Space for Cyberspace Situational Awareness

Richard Zuech annotates his first experience flying in virtualized cyberspace hunting the bad guys! ... and he finds some! Application for Virtualizing CyberSpace like Outer Space for Cyberspace Situational Awareness (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)