Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash: correct quoting with find and exiv2? Post 302441559 by mcframe on Sunday 1st of August 2010 04:29:13 AM
Old 08-01-2010
Hi,
thx for your answer, I'd hoped to enable the 1-line-solution but it seems like this won't work, so I will try your idea with scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson
Does zbarimg support qrcode?

The command man zbarimg doesn't mention it, nor does it's site, zbar.sf.net.
Yes, from version 0.10 on, zbarimg detects and parses qrcodes and it works very reliable and fast!

Kind regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH quoting behavior

The block below isn't a surprise:$ ls file1 file2 file3 $ x=* $ echo $x file1 file2 file3 $ echo '$x' $x $ echo "$x" * $But I found this block a bit bewildering:$ echo $x' >' * $I'm wondering why substitution wasn't performed on the $x, since it was unquoted (as far as I can tell).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: na5m
5 Replies

2. Solaris

correct usage of find's -prune option

I know one of the more seasoned veterans probably opened this thread looking for their chance to refer me to the site's search feature and let me tell you. I'VE LOOKED!!!! And I didn't find anything helpful... So, I've got a windows background and I'm fond of its search feature which comes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quoting issue: Trouble with bash strings in script

I can do this on the command line: sqsh -S 192.168.x.x -o tmp -U user -P fakepass -D horizon -C "\ select second_id from borrower where btype like '%wsd%' " I can also just leave the SQL at the end intact on one line .... ... However, when I throw this in a script like: $SQSH -o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct bash substitution

Hello! I'm writing a shell script using #!/bin/bash instead of #!/bin/sh because of the substitution: ${!variable}, which won't work with sh. My main problem is the following (just a summarized example, the script is much more complex): # sourced from a configuration file, we have a lot of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find the correct environment variables for MPI?

Hello all. I've been trying to install NWCHEM in parallel on a new cluster, and have been able to get it to work on single processors by ignoring any MPI environment variables. This is, of course, pretty worthless. So I'm starting over and trying to get thing set up right for the MPI. The key... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EinsteinMcfly
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check my script and correct the find command if wrong

Hello All, Here I am trying to find all the directories whose name starts with EFS or HOTFIX like in below example and below is my code but I don’t know why this is not working correctly. drwxr-xr-x 3 qabuild denccefs 4096 Sep 23 21:36 EFS110929A_SOURCE/ -rwxrwxr-x 1 qabuild... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky BASH quoting question

I have some data files that I can identify by a certain pattern in the names using find. Every one of those data files has an XML file associated with it (can be multiple data files per XML file). The XML file is always up one directory from the data file(s) in a folder calledRun##### -... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash quoting

I am trying to write a BASH script that will prompt a user to enter a number of days, then calculate the date. My problem is the date command uses single or double quotes. For Example.. date -d "7 days" Here is an example of some same code I am trying to work through. echo "when do you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javajockey
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot find correct syntax to make file name uppercase letters

I have a file name : var=UsrAccChgRpt I want to make them upper case. Tried: $var | tr Error: tr: Invalid combination of options and Strings. Usage: tr | -ds | -s | -ds | -s ] String1 String2 tr { -d | -s | -d | -s } String1 Could you please help. I am using AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)