Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Google charts now has a wizard Post 302441484 by figaro on Saturday 31st of July 2010 07:33:21 AM
Old 07-31-2010
Google charts now has a wizard

Here is a link to google charts, but wizard driven, which makes for much easier prototyping:
Chart Wizard - Google Chart Tools / Image Charts (aka Chart API) - Google Code

It is still in Beta, so near-future changes are likely. It gives the opportunity to experiment with your data and the way the information should be displayed, before turning to something server side like gnuplot or jpgraph, if so required.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Suse DNS wizard

Hi everybody, I am doing some test with the Yast DNS wizard in Suse 10 and everything seems to be working fine, it's a great tool, very easy to get a bind 9 dns up and running in 15 minutes. Initially I have run the normal wizard and created just a master zone in order to get a DNS server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sspirito
0 Replies

2. Web Development

Helpful Tip: Forcing Google to www.google.com

Helpful Tip! Sometimes when we are in another country, Google redirects our request for www.google.com to: www.google.co.in or to: www.google.co.th If you want to force Google to go to the US site, use: www.google.com/webhp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Wizard error

I am getting the below error while installing a bin file on linux system. ERROR: .The wizard cannot continue because of the following error: could not load wizard specified in /wizard.inf (104) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Org Charts

Funny org charts for Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon and Facebook. https://www.unix.com/picture.php?albumid=112&pictureid=613 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Chart::Clicker::Tutorial(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Chart::Clicker::Tutorial(3pm)

NAME
Chart::Clicker::Tutorial - A Tutorial for using Chart::Clicker VERSION
version 2.83 DESCRIPTION
This document aims to provide a tutorial for using Chart::Clicker. EXAMPLES
Simple chart from a single data source # grab the needed modules use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; # build the chart my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # build the series (static here, will usually be supplied arrayrefs from elsewhere) my $series = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ], ); # build the dataset my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new( series => [ $series ], ); # add the dataset to the chart $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); # write the chart to a file $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Simple chart from multiple data sources use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # start an array that will hold the series data my $series1 = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ] ); my $series2 = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 34,67,89,45,67 ] ); # add the array of series data to the dataset my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new( series => [ $series1, $series2 ] ); $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Simple chart with multiple data sources and custom colors use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; # some new modules, these are only needed if you want to monkey with color changing use Graphics::Color::RGB; use Chart::Clicker::Drawing::ColorAllocator; # build the color allocator my $ca = Chart::Clicker::Drawing::ColorAllocator->new; # this hash is simply here to make things readable and cleaner, you can always call G::C::R inline my $red = Graphics::Color::RGB->new({ red => .75, green => 0, blue => 0, alpha => .8 }); my $green = Graphics::Color::RGB->new({ red => 0,green => .75, blue=> 0, alpha=> .8 }); my $blue = Graphics::Color::RGB->new({ red => 0, green => 0, blue => .75, alpha => .8 }), my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # Create an empty dataset that we can add to my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new; $dataset->add_to_series(Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ] )); # add a color - note that the order of colors and the order of the # series must match, the first series will use the first color and so on # see contexts and axes for alternate ways of doing this $ca->add_to_colors($blue); $dataset->add_to_series(Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 34,67,89,45,67 ] )); # add a second color $ca->add_to_colors($red); $dataset->add_to_series(Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 11,22,33,44,55 ] )); # add a third color $ca->add_to_colors($green); $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); # assign the color allocator to the chart $chart->color_allocator($ca); $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Example 4 : Simple chart with a different render type use Chart::Clicker; use Chart::Clicker::Data::Series; use Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet; # add in the module of the renerer(s) you want to use use Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Area; my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; my $series = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1,2,3,4,5 ], values => [ 52,74,52,82,14 ] ); my $dataset = Chart::Clicker::Data::DataSet->new( series => [ $series ] ); $chart->add_to_datasets($dataset); # build the renderer to use my $renderer = Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Area->new( opacity => .75, ); # assign the renderer to the default context $chart->set_renderer($renderer); $chart->write_output('chart.png'); Example 5 : Width and Height my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new(width => 1024, height => 768); Example 6 : PDF (or SVG or PS) my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new(format => 'pdf'); # Create the rest of your chart normally $chart->write_output('chart.pdf'); Example 7 : Hide the Legend and X-Axis my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # hide the legend $chart->legend->visible(0); # hide the X-Axis $chart->get_context('default')->domain_axis->hidden(1); Example 8 : Change the display format of the Y-Axis my $chart = Chart::Clicker->new; # a sprintf format to have 3 decimal places showing on the Y-Axis $chart->get_context('default')->range_axis->format('%.3f'); DISCLAIMER
This is a work in progress. If you find errors or would like to make contributions, drop me a line! AUTHOR
Cory G Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Cold Hard Code, LLC. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-22 Chart::Clicker::Tutorial(3pm)