Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in using ftp command under if statement Post 302441479 by guruprasadpr on Saturday 31st of July 2010 06:14:04 AM
Old 07-31-2010
Thanks scottn..I did not know this. Recently I encountered an issue of the same kind while using the here-doc. Did not realise this issue, did some workaround to get rid of it that time..thanks again scottn.

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with an IF statement

I need an IF statement that will compare the contents of the variable CX with the actual string "CP". ie. If the contents of $CX are NOT equal to the actual string "CP" then blah blah blah. I have tried a number of things including the following....... if ]; then if ]; then if ];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Syntax problem with Unix ftp get command

An outside vendor has staged 2 batch files for us and I've tried to retrieve the files using the commands that they've indicated I could use to retrieve one file at a time. I've tried using this command in a shell script after a successful connection to their server: get "$$ ID=IL096869 BID='PGP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement problem

See https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/96846-if-statement-problem.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP put command problem

Hello,I am trying to put something on the ftp server using the put command. Whenever I try, I get this error: ftp> put SIMS.war local: SIMS.war remote: SIMS.war 200 PORT command successful 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied I have set rwx for all on that file and I still am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to specify more then one pattern in a single mget statement of ftp command?

hi, i am using ftp command to get some files from a remote server. if the remote server contains files of different extension. abc.txt def.txt ghi.lst jkl.cnf is it possible to get all the three type of files in one ftp? i am using this ftp command $FTP $Remote_server <<_FTP1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem if statement

echo "Enter the variable: " " read var1 echo " " for i in ib eb atm do if ; then mv properties environment.properties break else echo "No changes to $var1 " fi done When i run and enter the eb it's not working.Any suggestions please.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
7 Replies

9. SCO

FTP problem with site exec command

Hello dear Users, I am for the first time in this forum. I come from Germany. Please excuse my bad englisch. My OS is SCO open Server Release 5. I have a problem whith FTP and the command "site exec" if I use the command "ftp> site chmod 777 /tmp/startkpf.sc 200 CHMOD command successful. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fla5do
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with If statement

Hi All, I am writing an if statement to check multiple conditions, but when I try to execute the script it is breaking at the point of if statement by showing the issue below. Code I am using is given below. if -a ] then .... else ... fi I am not understanding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)