Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in using ftp command under if statement Post 302441471 by Scott on Saturday 31st of July 2010 05:29:47 AM
Old 07-31-2010
Hi.

Is there possibly a space after the closing EOF?

This has:

Code:
$ cat myscript
if [ 1 -eq 1 ]
then
cat <<
blah
EOF 
fi
$ ./myscript
./myscript: syntax error at line 3: `<<' unmatched

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with an IF statement

I need an IF statement that will compare the contents of the variable CX with the actual string "CP". ie. If the contents of $CX are NOT equal to the actual string "CP" then blah blah blah. I have tried a number of things including the following....... if ]; then if ]; then if ];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Syntax problem with Unix ftp get command

An outside vendor has staged 2 batch files for us and I've tried to retrieve the files using the commands that they've indicated I could use to retrieve one file at a time. I've tried using this command in a shell script after a successful connection to their server: get "$$ ID=IL096869 BID='PGP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement problem

See https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/96846-if-statement-problem.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP put command problem

Hello,I am trying to put something on the ftp server using the put command. Whenever I try, I get this error: ftp> put SIMS.war local: SIMS.war remote: SIMS.war 200 PORT command successful 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied I have set rwx for all on that file and I still am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to specify more then one pattern in a single mget statement of ftp command?

hi, i am using ftp command to get some files from a remote server. if the remote server contains files of different extension. abc.txt def.txt ghi.lst jkl.cnf is it possible to get all the three type of files in one ftp? i am using this ftp command $FTP $Remote_server <<_FTP1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem if statement

echo "Enter the variable: " " read var1 echo " " for i in ib eb atm do if ; then mv properties environment.properties break else echo "No changes to $var1 " fi done When i run and enter the eb it's not working.Any suggestions please.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
7 Replies

9. SCO

FTP problem with site exec command

Hello dear Users, I am for the first time in this forum. I come from Germany. Please excuse my bad englisch. My OS is SCO open Server Release 5. I have a problem whith FTP and the command "site exec" if I use the command "ftp> site chmod 777 /tmp/startkpf.sc 200 CHMOD command successful. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fla5do
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with If statement

Hi All, I am writing an if statement to check multiple conditions, but when I try to execute the script it is breaking at the point of if statement by showing the issue below. Code I am using is given below. if -a ] then .... else ... fi I am not understanding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies
RATFOR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RATFOR(1)

NAME
ratfor - rational Fortran dialect SYNOPSIS
ratfor [ option ... ] [ filename ... ] DESCRIPTION
Ratfor converts a rational dialect of Fortran into ordinary irrational Fortran. Ratfor provides control flow constructs essentially iden- tical to those in C: statement grouping: { statement; statement; statement } decision-making: if (condition) statement [ else statement ] switch (integer value) { case integer: statement ... [ default: ] statement } loops: while (condition) statement for (expression; condition; expression) statement do limits statement repeat statement [ until (condition) ] break next and some syntactic sugar to make programs easier to read and write: free form input: multiple statements/line; automatic continuation comments: # this is a comment translation of relationals: >, >=, etc., become .GT., .GE., etc. return (expression) returns expression to caller from function define: define name replacement include: include filename Ratfor is best used with f77(1). SEE ALSO
f77(1) B. W. Kernighan and P. J. Plauger, Software Tools, Addison-Wesley, 1976. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 RATFOR(1)