Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare the rowcount from tables of two databases Post 302441318 by ramkrix on Friday 30th of July 2010 07:47:33 AM
Old 07-30-2010
Bug

Hai.. here is a sample snippet..
First write all your 120 tables names in a file, say, "tables.lst"..

Code:
for table in `cat tables.lst`
do
   sqlplus -s << EOF >>file_spool.txt 2>file_err.txt
   select ${table}||':'||count(*) from ${table};
EOF
done

First_tbl_cnt=`head -1 file_spool.txt | cut -d":" -f2`
awk -F":" -v cnt=${First_tbl_cnt} '$2!=cnt {print $0}' file_spool.txt

Now you will get the list of tables along with the actual record count which ever is not having the same record count as your first table. If nothing displayed, then it means that all your table record counts are same..

My worry is the 120 SQLPLUS login operations you need to do here..

Thanks,
Ramkrix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

TODO: Sync User Tables Between Databases

Need to eventually sync the MY.UNIX userdata to the forums database (and others). Suggestions on the best approach welcome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and databases

I had a person ask me if a Sql database can be run with Unix? I don't know can this be done? They only have Sql dba's and no oracle dba but want to use a Unix box???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyranunn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to find a rowcount

Hi All, I have a sequential file, with that I want to know row count within. As know we can use, wc -l filename, to find out a row count. But, I found this command works well , if a file is small. It fails to give me rowcount, if File is pretty big. It keeps on processing after we give the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use shell scripts to update tables from databases

Hi I need to write a shell script that will access tables available on webpages and update a table on my webpage on a periodic basis. It will access, say for example a website that periodically update a table with certain quantities and update my table accordingly.it should have the flexibility... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannabegeek
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two tables using shell script

Hi, I want to compare two tables fieldwise using shell script. Can anyone help me regarding the same. The approach which i tried is to first move the two tables in simple txt file where each field is now seperated by space. But i can't retrive each field with "space" as a seperator b'coz there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtidke
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut rowcount from one file to another

Hi guys! I need to cut first row from a file (using awk) without the record separator character (in my case its MS-DOS 0D0A) and field separator character (in my case ; 3B) and put it in another file. Can you help with that? Regards, PsmakR (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: PsmakR
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two databases

Hello, I have two databases one is student_Name and another is student_Name1...Two tabled contain 200 records each..I found that near 30 names are entered in both databases..I would like to remove the duplicates..and i have to keep the name which is newly added..Please hepl how to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjali_vee
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto compare the columns of 2 diff tables of 2 different schemas in UNIX shell script

HI All, I am new to Unix shell scripts.. Could you please post the unix shell script for for the below request., There are two different tables(sample1, sample2) in different schemas(s_schema1, s_schema2). Unix shell script to compare the columns of two different tables of two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajkumar Gopal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare with 2 tables

I have 3 file inputs, file1 20160302|5485368299953|96|510101223440252|USA|5485368299953|6|800|2300|0 20160530|5481379883742|7|510101242850814|USA|5481379883742|5|540|2181|1500 20160513|5481279653404|24|510100412142433|INDIA|5481279653404|3|380|1900|0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radius
1 Replies
NRPARMS(8)						   Linux System Managers Manual 						NRPARMS(8)

NAME
nrparms - Configure the NET/ROM interface. SYNOPSIS
nrparms -nodes node +|- ident quality count port neighbour [digicall...] nrparms -routes port nodecall [digicall...] +|- quality nrparms -version DESCRIPTION
This program is used to manipulate the routing tables of the NET/ROM network layer, or to get and set many of the network and transport layer parameters for the NET/ROM protocol. The program has three basic modes of operation, node setting, neighbour setting and general parameter setting. The syntax for the node and neighbour setting is taken from the original NET/ROM manual and is therefore not very UNIXy but should be familiar to those familiar with NET/ROMs or TheNet. To set up a new route to a NET/ROM node in the routing tables you must use the nodes option. All of the parameters are needed to add the node. It is probably best to illustrate with an example: nrparms -nodes GB7BPQ + NMCLUS 120 6 vhf G8ROU-3 This creates a new route to a distant node with the callsign GB7BPQ and the alias NMCLUS, it has a quality of 120 (out of 255) and has an obsolescence count of six and packets for that node should be sent on the AX.25 port named vhf to my immediate neighbour G8ROU-3. The call- signs of the node and the neighbour may be the same. For example to set up the node G8ROU-3 which is also my immediate neighbour, I would use: nrparms -nodes G8ROU-3 + MATLCK 200 6 vhf G8ROU-3 If the ident of the remote node is not known, it is possible to add a node with a blank ident. To do this an ident of '*' must be entered on the command line. Because of the command line expansion that shells do, the * must be escaped by enclosing it in quotes. It is also possible to remove a route to a distant node with the same command except that the + is replaced by a -. The other parameters must also be present. If the node has not other routes then the node will be deleted, and the neighbour node that the connections go via may also be deleted if no other node route uses it, and it is not a locked neighbour entry. When setting up a new node, a new neighbour entry may also be created. This will have a default value. For that neighbour to be meaningful in the automatic routing process, it must have a more reasonable entry in the neighbours list. To do this the routes option of the command must be used. An example: nrparms -routes ax0 G8ROU-3 + 120 This will create (or update) the neighbour entry for G8ROU-3 with a quality of 120 and it will be locked, it will not create a node entry for the neighbour. This quality will be used by the netromd(8) program when calculating route qualities via this neighbour. Normally once a neighbour has zero node routes going via it, it will be deleted. Locking a neighbour prevents the deletion from occurring. To unlock a neighbour entry, the same command is used but with the + replaced by a -. FILES
/etc/ax25/axports /etc/ax25/nrports SEE ALSO
call(1), netrom(4), nrports(5), axparms(8), netromd(8), nrparms(8). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 25 January 1997 NRPARMS(8)