Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to retrieve data using awk command Post 302441246 by devtakh on Friday 30th of July 2010 02:36:17 AM
Old 07-30-2010
Code:
$ awk -F "." '{print $2}' file1
Table_Name1
Table_Name2
Table_Name3
Table_Name4

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve data from a file

Hello guys I want to retrieve two data from a file, like this: bash-2.03$ cat numtest 123456 123457 bash-2.03$ more ./test_num #!/bin/bash num1= num2= cnt=1 while read x do num${cnt}=$x cnt=$(($cnt+1)) done <$1 echo $num1 "\n" $num2 But when i executed this script, error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrieve data and redirect to a file

How to write a shell script to retrieve datas from database after that this database are redirect to a excell sheet and then i got a mail that gives details about the database with the column name and data.. I m using oracle 9i... Thanks, Anup Das (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

More time to retrieve data from DB

Hi All, It takes around one hour to retrieve 3 lakhs data from DB. I feel this can be still more reduced, please help me in improvising the below code, to get it retrieve faster, atleast 30 to 45 minutes. sqlplus -s ${OCAU_DB_UNAME}/${OCAU_DB_UPSWD}@${OCAU_DB_NAME} > /apps/data/filedata.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattamuthu
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare two columns and retrieve data

I am a newbie to Unix and slowly learning it. I have a large data set with 8 different columns. I want to compare two columns and retrieve data if the two columns have similar number. I have attached the example. There are two columns (S-Contig and N-Contig). I want to retrieve the data from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorngill
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to retrieve data from two files matching a string

Hello Experts, I have come back to this forum after a while now, since require a better way to get my result.. My query is as below.. I have 3 files -- 1 Input file, 2 Data files .. Based on the input file, data has to be retreived matching from two files which has one common key.. For EX:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve data from Remote machine

Hello Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how? Thank you so much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed for select and retrieve data

I would like to recover the data from 3 text tags. These three markers are located between the tags specific location <tag1> and </tag1> knowing that they are in many places. In File.txt: <tag2>txt2</tag2> <tag3>txt3</tag3> <tag4>txt4</tag4> .... <tag1> <tag2>txt2</tag2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amad
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Hi Everyone, I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file? Please let me know what is the awk command for this? Regards Rakesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)