Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Unable to Run a script at startup in suse Post 302441150 by mark54g on Thursday 29th of July 2010 11:11:10 AM
Old 07-29-2010
In order for this to work you need to follow a template based on LSB init scripts. If you would like to run your script at boot, simply put the full path in the boot.local file. If you want to make it an init script, rewrite the script to follow the same preprocess header style as the other suse init scripts.

It would be simpler to put it into the boot.local. Do realize, that if your script needs parameters from a real user's environment, that you will need to source those into your script's environment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Run a script during reboot/startup

Hi all, i have a script in /etc/init.d directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26 Mar 28 16:00 myscript I need it to run when my linux reboots/startup. However is it not being executed. Do i need to put in in the rc.local directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run a script

thi is (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
10 Replies

3. AIX

run script at startup

I am using AIX 5.3 in P6 machine. I have a script "test.sh", when i run it manually it runs properly. I want to run the script automatically when system starts. I kept the script in /etc/rc.d/init.d and also in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d but it is not working. Do i have to write it in inittab instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run mono app using .sh script

I did a search for this problem but couldn't find any specific answers to my problem. We have a .NET application compiled in SharpDevelop for Mono which we want to execute with a .sh shell script on Ubuntu. When we execute the script nothing happens meaning the application's visual interface... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JacquesB
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: Trouble unable to run

I am trying to create a menu, and the script fails on ln 38 (Files in pwd). Any idea on where the problem is?? Thanks for the help Rob #!/bin/bash # Cool Script for Weekly Assignment 2 (#3) that creates a menu to act as a ui # and run some popular commands. clear while : do ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run script at startup.

Hi guys , I Need to run a specific command (pinging a particular machine). Which need to run every time i reboot the server till the time it shut down. What is the preferred way of doing this. Will it impact my system performance. My Operating system is as below. # lsb_release -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script at startup

hi, i am using rhel 5, and i wanna run a script as soon as the operating system open. How can i do this ? ( i was reading rc.d files but i could not understand exactly what are the run levels and where should i put the my shell script. my script will be : #!/bin/ksh iptables -I INPUT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: futi
1 Replies

8. AIX

Run script with different user at the startup ..

Run script with different user at the startup .. I have created this user appuser And I have a script should to be up thru the startup by this user appuser I have defined the path of the script /user/appstart.sh in /etc/rc But at the startup starting will be by root , I’d like to keep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

9. Solaris

run a service via startup script (correct me if I am wrong)

Environment Solaris 9 I have configured the Solaris9 as NTP client in which Solaris9 is syncing the time with a windows2008 R2 Server which is runing fine. Now I want that the xntpd service should start at startup. I did this via a script. Kindly correct if I did any thing wrong: 1.)Made... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to run the script on remote machine Using Expect script

Not able to execute the file in remote host using except utility I am automating the SFTP keys setp process: So i created the expect script for controlling the output of shell below is my main code: Code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd set password close $fd set df set app close $df... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manoj Bajpai
1 Replies
ROUNDUP-CTL(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ROUNDUP-CTL(1)

NAME
roundup-ctl - roundup server control interface SYNOPSIS
roundup-ctl [options] command DESCRIPTION
roundup-ctl is a front end to the roundup server. It is designed to help the administrator control the functioning of the roundup server daemon. This script mimics most of the behaviour of a regular init script, but works as a front end to the runit package to control the roundup service. So, in order to use this, you need the runit package, too. Please note that using this script is mostly incompatible with having roundup controlled by runit directly in the form of automatic startup. The roundup-ctl script returns a 0 exit value on success, and >0 if an error occurs. For more details, view the comments in the script. OPTIONS
-d directory Use given directory as service directory. COMMANDS
The command can be any one or more of the following options: start If the roundup server is not runinng, start it. If the server stops, restart it. stop Stops the roundup server. status Print sta- tus of the roundup server. SEE ALSO
roundup-server(1) runsvctrl(8) runsvstat(8) svwaitdown(8) AUTHOR
Bastian Kleineidam <calvin@debian.org>, Toni Mueller <toni@debian.org> 31 May 2004 ROUNDUP-CTL(1)