Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas) Post 302440992 by kumarmani on Thursday 29th of July 2010 05:06:31 AM
Old 07-29-2010
I do not have system where i can test it at the moment, but sure there r Gurus here who would be at our help !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS and replicas

Hello, We are using Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris 2.7. We want to add two striped volume with six disks. On each disk, we take a slice and we create the stripe. That I want to know : Is it necessary to add two replicas on the same slice on the new disks, as made before on the others... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christophe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR

First I would like to thank this forum for assisting me in setting up my 1st sunbox. Could not have done it if it had not been for you guys and google :D I have mirrored my box and have SUCCESSFULLY tested booting from the rootdisk and rootmirror successfully. I am now looking at configuring... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem with DiskSuite replicas

Good morning, I have Solstice disk suite installed on my server. One disk broke so I sostitute it. A replica was present on this disk. I had delete and then recreate it with commands metadb -d and metadb -a. Now when I inquire for the status of replicas I see this: stp11# metadb -i ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Metadevices in mirroring ?

Hi Guys. I have the follow disk mappig.... My doubt is that the filesystem root is in mirroring. I can see this in the configuration but , I dont know exactly if this in mirroring mean disk in RAID. In short: Watching the configuration...Can I said if the filesystem / is in Raid? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size?

Hey all! I was hoping someone knew anything about this one... I know with Solaris Volume Manager the default Database Replica size is 8192 blocks (4MB approximately) Now I know you can increase this amount but is there any point? The reason I am asking this is that I've setup mirroring on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Metadevices deleted

Hi Guys, We have an issue, all metadb's on system was deleted and the system was rebooted. the system is currented mounted in single-user mode . its a x86 server. the volumes under SVM is as follows. / /var and /usr please suggest Please use code tags <- click the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
1 Replies

8. Solaris

SVM - Metadevices are offline after changing hostname solaris x86

Hi , We are facing an issue on one of our solaris x86 server, After changing the hostname and a orderly reboot , all metadevices shows offline. please let us know the steps to restore back all metadevices to working state with this new hostname (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
3 Replies

9. Solaris

zfs raidz2 - insufficient replicas

I lost my system volume in a power outage, but fortunately I had a dual boot and I could boot into an older opensolaris version and my raidz2 7 drive pool was still fine. I even scrubbed it, no errors. However, the older os has some smb problems so I wanted to upgrade to opensolaris11. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skk
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Creating metadevices

Hi I am new to SVM, but I would like to configure it in one of my servers. The setup is as follows: I have one server running solaris 10 , and is connected to a NetApp via iSCSI protocol. This is how I intend to do it: Ask the NetApp admin, to provide me with 3 LUNs of 100G each, them use the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
14 Replies
gtkhtml-editor-test(1)						   User Commands					    gtkhtml-editor-test(1)

NAME
gtkhtml-editor-test - A simple html editor for libgtkhtml. SYNOPSIS
gtkhtml-editor-test DESCRIPTION
gtkhtml-editor-test is a light-weight html editor for testing libgtkhtml-editor(3). It contains all the features that libgtkhtml-editor provides. It can be used to create a message in plaintext or HTML format. These features are used by the evolution(1). application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libgtkhtml-editor(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jul 2008 gtkhtml-editor-test(1)