Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl Post 302440952 by agn on Thursday 29th of July 2010 03:05:19 AM
Old 07-29-2010
Try,

Code:
$qry="select prt.v_prt_nbr, cgy.$att from _prt_class prt,  $tbl cgy where prt.obj_id=cgy.obj_id";
$sth=$dbh->prepare($qry);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query variable not exactly unix

I know htis isnt exactly unix.... but hopefully someone can help me or direct me someplace to get help. I can run sql queries in scripts against my informix db using: dbaccess mydb myquery.sql >> sql.output I need to write my script to select based on todays date. Its very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing value to a variable in a SQL

Hi Folks, This is a small chunk of the bigger problem which i am facing and some help here will help me resolve the rest of the issue. Problem is that i need to pass the value of a variable from a shell script to a SQL query (infact a lot of SQL's) i have the following solution but somehow... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script variable within a sql query

I created a script to read a csv file with four columns. The script also saved values of each col in a arry. In the script, i connected to db try to run a query to pull out data baisc on the values from the csv file. select Num from tableName where Sec_Num in ('${isin}') /*isin is an arry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sherry_Run
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Passing sql query for a script

Unix prompt ========= echo "Enter the query" read q ========== User has entered : SELECT * FROM employee ===================== Now the problem starts.. echo $q Output: SELECT "all files names in the PWD" FROM employee ================================================ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a hash to another script in perl

I have a script (say script1.sh ) and I am calling a script (say script2.sh) within the script1.sh. Here in script1.sh I have a hash ( say %hash1) and i have to pass this hash to script2.sh. Basically i have to do some processing in Scirpt2.sh based on the hash(key,values). I wanted to know how can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - passing hash references to functions

hi there I have the following script in which i have created a PrintHash() function. I want to pass to this function the reference to a hash (in the final code i will be passing different hashes to this print function hence the need for a function). I am getting an error Type of arg 1 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to sql

How to pass variable to sql file. Im tryin in two ways, Method 1: my.sql select * from table where col1 = '$1' and col2 = 'text'; Method 1execute: dbaccess database my.sql $var Method2: select * from table col1 in (`cat inputfile`) and col2 = 'text'; method... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value of variable to a query within shell script

I have a script in which i connect to database to run a query and get the result of the query to a temp file. This works fine , now what i want is there is flat file which contains the value to be used in the query. I want to read this file line by line and then run the query for each value in that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in passing IFS array to SQL Query

Hi, I have created a shell script that reads line from text file and insert into DB table. I have used IFS to separate the line text. Looks IFS is splitting text properly but while passing one of the values that has special characters in it to query, it is giving weird issue. Below is my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
2 Replies
sccs-prt(1)							   User Commands						       sccs-prt(1)

NAME
sccs-prt, prt - display delta table information from an SCCS file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/prt [-abdefistu] [-cdate-time] [-rdate-time] [-ysid] s.filename... DESCRIPTION
prt prints selected portions of an SCCS file. By default, it prints the delta table (version log). If a directory name is used in place of the s.filename argument, the prt command applies to all s.files in that directory. Unreadable s.files produce an error; processing continues with the next file (if any). The use of `-' as the s.filename argument indicates that the names of files are to be read from the standard input, one s.file per line. OPTIONS
If any option other than -y, -c, or -r is supplied, the name of each file being processed (preceded by one NEWLINE and followed by two NEW- LINE characters) appears above its contents. If none of the -u, -f, -t, or -b options are used, -d is assumed. -s, -i are mutually exclusive, as are -c and -r. -a Display log entries for all deltas, including those marked as removed. -b Print the body of the s.file. -d Print delta table entries. This is the default. -e Everything. This option implies -d, -i, -u, -f, and -t. -f Print the flags of each named s.file. -i Print the serial numbers of included, excluded, and ignored deltas. -s Print only the first line of the delta table entries; that is, only up to the statistics. -t Print the descriptive text contained in the s.file. -u Print the user-names and/or numerical group IDs of users allowed to make deltas. -cdate-time Exclude delta table entries that are specified cutoff date and time. Each entry is printed as a single line, preceded by the name of the SCCS file. This format (also produced by -r , and -y) makes it easy to sort multiple delta tables in chronological order. When both -y and -c, or -y and -r are supplied, prt stops printing when the first of the two condi- tions is met. -rdate-time Exclude delta table entries that are newer than the specified cutoff date and time. -ysid Exclude delta table entries made prior to the SID specified. If no delta in the table has the specified SID, the entire table is printed. If no SID is specified, the most recent delta is printed. USAGE
Output Format The following format is used to print those portions of the s.file that are specified by the various options. o NEWLINE o Type of delta (D or R) o SPACE o SCCS delta ID (SID) o TAB o Date and time of creation in the form: yy/mm/dd hh/mm/ss o SPACE o Username the delta's creator o TAB o Serial number of the delta o SPACE o Predecessor delta's serial number o TAB o Line-by-line change statistics in the form: inserted/deleted/unchanged o NEWLINE o List of included deltas, followed by a NEWLINE (only if there were any such deltas and the -i options was used) o List of excluded deltas, followed by a NEWLINE (only if there were any such deltas and the -i options was used) o List of ignored deltas, followed by a NEWLINE (only if there were any such deltas and the -i options was used) o List of modification requests (MRs), followed by a NEWLINE (only if any MR numbers were supplied). o Lines of the delta commentary (if any), followed by a NEWLINE. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of prt. The following command: example% /usr/ccs/bin/prt -y program.c produces a one-line display of the delta table entry for the most recent version: s.program.c: D 1.6 88/07/06 21:39:39 username 5 4 00159/00080/00636... ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-cdc(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-help(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-sact(1), sccs-sccsdiff(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the SCCS help command for explanations (see sccs-help(1)). SunOS 5.10 5 Oct 1990 sccs-prt(1)