Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send Email to group ids
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send Email to group ids Post 302440922 by sreelu on Thursday 29th of July 2010 01:55:10 AM
Old 07-29-2010
acutally i have many ids can't mention them in the code
is there any other way???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which can send file to diffrent mail ids.

Hi i am looking for the script which can send file to different mailids, please halp me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Please list email ids or contact info of members

Hi , Is it possible to list the user's email id for further communication. Thanks, MoonwalaPL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonwalapl
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send a mail to IDs listed in a text file

I have a list of mail ids in text file and want a ksh script that reads this text file and sends a mail to all mail ids with same subject line and content. I am using UX-HP machine and KSH. Thanks for help in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email ids trucated in Mailx function

I wanted to send email to list of people using mailx in unix. I am getting the emailds from a oracle table and getting the ids in a variable. Shell script is shown below: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- filename=testdata921 export filename... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi02
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mails based on email ids residing in table?

Hello Gurus, I have one table which consists of two field:- PROG_NAME EMAIL xxxx email1,email2,email3 yyyy email4,email1,email2 I want to to send mails by using mailx command. But how do I get each and every mail ids from table against... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Email ids from gecos

I would like to extract only the email ids from the gecos of each user id. I have to get the email ids of all the users on the server like this. Can someone please assist me with the command/script? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email IDs added to .mailrc aliases not receiving mails

hi, I added an email id to a list of existing aliases in .mailrc on my unix box, using vi editor. However, the new id has not been receiving any mails from the box. Kindly help as to what needs to be done here. Does the box need to be rebooted for these changes to reflect? Is there any other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
5 Replies
shmids(2)							   System Calls 							 shmids(2)

NAME
shmids - discover all shared memory identifiers SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/shm.h> int shmids(int *buf, uint_t nids, uint_t *pnids); DESCRIPTION
The shmids() function copies all active shared memory identifiers from the system into the user-defined buffer specified by buf, provided that the number of such identifiers is not greater than the number of integers the buffer can contain, as specified by nids. If the size of the buffer is insufficient to contain all of the active shared memory identifiers in the system, none are copied. Whether or not the size of the buffer is sufficient to contain all of them, the number of active shared memory identifiers in the system is copied into the unsigned integer pointed to by pnids. If nids is 0 or less than the number of active shared memory identifiers in the system, buf is ignored. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, shmids() returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The shmids() function will fail if: EFAULT The buf or pnids argument points to an illegal address. USAGE
The shmids() function returns a snapshot of all the active shared memory identifiers in the system. More may be added and some may be removed before they can be used by the caller. EXAMPLES
Example 1: shmids() example This is sample C code indicating how to use the shmids() function. void examine_shmids() { int *ids = NULL; uint_t nids = 0; uint_t n; int i; for (;;) { if (shmids(ids, nids, &n) != 0) { perror("shmids"); exit(1); } if (n <= nids) /* we got them all */ break; /* we need a bigger buffer */ ids = realloc(ids, (nids = n) * sizeof (int)); } for (i = 0; i < n; i++) process_shmid(ids[i]); free(ids); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcs(1), intro(2), shmctl(2), shmget(2), shmop(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 8 Mar 2000 shmids(2)