Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ? Post 302440902 by ashimada on Wednesday 28th of July 2010 11:31:19 PM
Old 07-29-2010
How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys,

I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after.

Quote:
#URL
ID=180
NAME=3000 aaaaaaa
URL=http://www1.-.-.-./hizt_3000/
CREATED=1207689646
UNIQUEID=BF5F8D489925EC0B53
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk to remove specific lines

I have searched the forum for this - forgive me if I missed a previous post. I have the following file: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah alter table "informix".esc_acct add constraint (foreign key (fi_id) references "informix".fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to remove lines

Can somebody explain why my sed command is not working. I do the folloinwg: Generates a binary file to /tmp/x1.out /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 4:00 -e 8:00 -i 3600 -A -o /tmp/x1.out decodes the file (no problem so far) sar -f /tmp/x1.out When I do this it does not appear to delete the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to remove a line above and lines below.

:confused:Hi All, I need help on removing lines in a text file. Sample file : When there is a match ip for IPAddress in my `cat ip.out`, proceed delete line above until string "Comp" is found. Thank you very much. ---------- Post updated at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous update was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiewming
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locate and remove lines with sed

Gents, I would like to remove some lines from a big file ( file2). The objetive is to remove all the lines in file2 containing a certain string which are in file data2delete.. file data2delete contens: 2573.0 7260.01 2893.0 7255.01 2903.0 7245.01 2897.0 7255.01 2561.0 7255.01... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed, awk or perl to remove substring of all lines except the first

Greetings All, I would like to find all occurences of a pattern and delete a substring from the all matching lines EXCEPT the first. For example: 1234::group:user1,user2,user3,blah1,blah2,blah3 2222::othergroup:user9,user8 4444::othergroup2:user3,blah,blah,user1 1234::group3:user5,user1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacksolm
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove certain lines using sed?

Hi I have the following kind of line sin my file . print ' this is first'. print ' this is firs and next ' ' line continuous '. -- this is entire print line. print ' this is first and next ' ' line continuous and' 'still there now over'. -- this 3lines together a single print line. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivajee
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines using sed?

Hi, I am new to unix and i started some scripting recently. Please go through the following script i wrote. #!/bin/sh file='path../tfile' file1='path../tfile1' rmfile='path../test2' C1=1 C2=1 exec 3< $file1 while read LINE1; do read LINE2 <&3 a=$LINE1 b=`expr $LINE2 - 1` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subbu123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
URLCODING(3)						 libbash urlcoding Library Manual					      URLCODING(3)

NAME
urlcoding -- a Libbash library for encoding and decoding URL's. SYNOPSIS
urlEncodeString [-l] <STRING> urlEncodeFile [-l] <FILE> urlEncodeStream [-l] urlDecodeString <STRING> urlDecodeFile <FILENAME> urlDecodeStream DESCRIPTION
urlcoding is a collection of functions that convert ASCII-text to standard URL's and vice-versa. The AWK code used is based on code by Heiner Steven <heiner.steven@odn.de> The function list: urlEncodeString Creates a URL from an ASCII string urlEncodeFile Converts a file into URL-valid text urlEncodeStream Converts standard input into URL-valid text urlDecodeString Converts a URL-encoded text back to a plain-text form urlDecodeFile Coverts URL-encoded text in a file back to plain text urlDecodeStream Converts URL-encoded standard input to text Detailed interface description follows. The [-l] option for the encoding functions should be used when line-feed characters (' ') are to be encoded as well. All functions print the results of their conversions to standard output. The exit status of all functions is that of the command 'awk', with '0' for success FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
urlEncodeString [-l] <STRING> Converts STRING - a string of ASCII characters - to URL. urlEncodeFile [-l] <FILE> Coverts FILE of URL-encoded text to plain text urlEncodeStream [-l] Converts text from standard input to URL-text. urlDecodeString <STRING> Converts URL-encoded string STRING back to text. urlDecodeFile <FILENAME> Converts the URL-encoded text in FILE to plain text. urlDecodeStream Converts the URL-encoded text from standard input to plain-text AUTHORS
Alon Keren <alon.keren@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux