Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mirroring rootvg
Operating Systems AIX mirroring rootvg Post 302440759 by Scott on Wednesday 28th of July 2010 07:58:09 AM
Old 07-28-2010
Just to add, that I would probably do it this way:

Code:
mirrorvg -s rootvg hdisk91

to prevent sync'ing.

Then you can sync LPs in parallel:
Code:
syncvg -P 8 -v rootvg

(i.e. for 8 LP's in parallel)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

5. AIX

rootvg mirroring query

Hi, I am having query regarding rootvg mirroring, How to find out that rootvg is mirrored? Regards Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. AIX

how can i remove and rebuild the mirroring for rootvg

how can i remove and rebuild the mirroring for rootvg before applying any patches on the system . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. AIX

stop and start the mirroring on rootvg !

How to can I stop and start the mirroring on rootvg How to can I know if the mirroring enabled or disabled in the rootvg Please explain and advice! P690_root/>lspv hdisk0------- 00c52c221cf77869---------------------rootvg------- active hdisk1-------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris rootvg backup

Guy's how can we take rootvg bakup in soraris .. Please let me know the command Pls advice . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
5 Replies

9. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
PVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       PVREMOVE(8)

NAME
pvremove - remove a physical volume SYNOPSIS
pvremove [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f[f]|--force [--force]] [-y|--yes] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVol- ume...] DESCRIPTION
pvremove wipes the label on a device so that LVM will no longer recognise it as a physical volume. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -ff, --force --force Force the removal of a physical volume belonging to an existing volume group. Normally vgreduce(8) should be used instead of this command. You cannot remove a physical volume which in use by some active logical volume. -y, --yes Answer yes to all questions. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvdisplay(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVREMOVE(8)