Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mirroring rootvg
Operating Systems AIX mirroring rootvg Post 302440759 by Scott on Wednesday 28th of July 2010 07:58:09 AM
Old 07-28-2010
Just to add, that I would probably do it this way:

Code:
mirrorvg -s rootvg hdisk91

to prevent sync'ing.

Then you can sync LPs in parallel:
Code:
syncvg -P 8 -v rootvg

(i.e. for 8 LP's in parallel)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

5. AIX

rootvg mirroring query

Hi, I am having query regarding rootvg mirroring, How to find out that rootvg is mirrored? Regards Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. AIX

how can i remove and rebuild the mirroring for rootvg

how can i remove and rebuild the mirroring for rootvg before applying any patches on the system . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. AIX

stop and start the mirroring on rootvg !

How to can I stop and start the mirroring on rootvg How to can I know if the mirroring enabled or disabled in the rootvg Please explain and advice! P690_root/>lspv hdisk0------- 00c52c221cf77869---------------------rootvg------- active hdisk1-------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris rootvg backup

Guy's how can we take rootvg bakup in soraris .. Please let me know the command Pls advice . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
5 Replies

9. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
MDM-RUN(1)							   User Commands							MDM-RUN(1)

NAME
mdm-run - run a command in parallel with mdm-master SYNOPSIS
mdm-run command mdm-sync command DESCRIPTION
mdm-run annotates command as a candidate for parallel execution. If an mdm-master process is present (i.e., the environment variable MDM_CMD_SOCK is defined), mdm-run submits command to the mdm-master, and it exits when the master issues the command to an mdm-slave process (which may be connected to another terminal) for execution. mdm-sync runs command in place, but it coordinates with mdm-master to ensure that executing command does not interfere with commands that are currently executing in parallel. If there is no mdm-master process present (i.e., the environment variable MDM_CMD_SOCK is not defined), both mdm-run and mdm-sync simply run command as if you entered command all by itself. These programs are a part of the Middleman System (mdm). OPTIONS
Neither mdm-run nor mdm-sync accepts any options. EXIT STATUS
If there is no mdm-master process present, the exit status of mdm-run is the exit status of command. If an mdm-master process is present, the exit status is 0 if and only if command is successfully issued to an mdm-slave process for execution. The exit status of mdm-sync is always the exit status of command. ENVIRONMENT
The mdm system uses the following environment variable for internal communication, and thus you should not try to set them yourself. MDM_CMD_SOCK mdm-run uses this environment variable to decide whether a mdm-master process is present. EXAMPLE
See mdm.screen(1) for an example use of mdm-run. SEE ALSO
mdm.screen(1) Linux 2009-03-06 MDM-RUN(1)