Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advice using cut & echo combination commands Post 302440601 by Aia on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 05:06:37 PM
Old 07-27-2010
MySQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc18
the problem I have is how to stop multiple spaces from being written to the output file as a single space.
Just add quotes to the last echo
Code:
 echo "$field1$field2$field3" >>outfile

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combination Of commands

Hello All, I just wanted to know what are the different ways of using commands in combination. The most common one which i know is using pipes. Also grouping is also done like ( ls; date) where output of both the commands is displayed. Are there any other ways of combining various... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combination of two commands

I want to show a output like this Lee Ballancore PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 2495 pts/7 00:00:00 vim 8368 pts/0 00:00:00 vim 9544 pts/2 00:00:00 ps Alistairr Rutherford PID TTY TIME CMD 8368 pts/0 00:00:00 vim 9544 pts/2 00:00:00 ps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combination of find -xargs & wc -l

Dear all, I have to calculate sum of record count of files of the specified directory. First I tried the following way which prints one or more outputs. How can I sum of this output? find /home/work/tmp/1/O/ -type f -print0 | xargs -0 wc -l | grep total 1666288 total 1073908 total ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Awk Cut Grep Combination Help ?

I have been reading for a few hours trying to educate myself enough to accomplish this task, so please know I have performed some research. Unfortunately, I am not a *NIX scripting expert, or a coder. I come from a network background instead. SO, here is my desired outcome. I have some Cisco... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbzer0
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing output from echo & cut into variable

Hi All, Hope someone can advise here as I have been struggling to find a syntax that works here. I have tried a stack of combination I have seed in the forums but I think because I have needed to use "" and `` in the statments another method is found. I am reading in lines with the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkwilliams
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combination between || and && in IF condition with ksh

Dear All, Please advice about this issue. when i run this line in a script if && || && || && if i enter $x = test3 and $y = test1 the If condition apply while it should not Best Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a combination of sort/cut/grep/awk/join/paste/sed

I have a file and need to only select users that have a shell of “/bin/bash” in the line using awk or sed please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize a combination of commands

Im currently running this command to satisfy a particular task. it works for my purposes. but i want to be able to optimize this string of commands and have it be reduced to 1 or 2 commands, if at all possible: head -4 datafile 2>/dev/null | cut -c1-400 | wc | awk '{print $2$1$3}' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)