Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with clock()
Top Forums Programming problem with clock() Post 302440543 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 01:26:43 PM
Old 07-27-2010
Following Corona's thought:
Code:
time ./a.out

gives what output?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware (BIOS) clock

Guys could you please tell me which appropriate command is used to set hardware (BIOS) clock so that the system keeps time when it reboots & how it's used. I use Linux Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph kembo
2 Replies

3. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

clock() call returning zero always

Hi, Is there a chance that the clock() call returns 0 eternally??? Using BSD. My RTOS application freezes inconsistently only on particular hosts. When debugging it, I came to see that the RTOS timer does not tick at times. The underlying system call is clock() & it always returns zero when the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

how to reset the hardware clock

Hi all Hi could anyone tell me how i can set the Hardware Clock to the System Time, and set the System Time from the Hardware Clock. i am using RHEL 4.0. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
3 Replies

9. Programming

Simple Chess Clock

I am trying to implement a simple chess clock. It should have the following options: start, stop, reset, read. Reset will set the time to zero Start will start the clock Stop will stop the clock My problem is that I want that start continues counting the time from the time it had when it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
FBB::lm(3bobcat)					      OFoldStream manipulator						  FBB::lm(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::lm - Manipulator setting left margins of OFoldStream objects SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/ofoldstream> or #include <bobcat/ofoldstreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
The lm class implements a manipulator that can be inserted into OFoldStream objects to set the stream's left margin to a requested value. Depending on the tab-setting of the OFoldStream the inserted value represents the number of blank space characters or the number of tab-characters that will be used for the left margin. The request will be processed at the next newline character or std::flush or std::endl manipulator that is inserted into the stream. If a line is still once an lm object and a flush manipulator are inserted into the stream then the new left margin will be effective at the next word inserted into that line (cf., the example section below). A bad_cast exception is thrown when the manipulator is inserted into an ostream that is not using a OFoldStreambuf buffer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- CONSTRUCTOR
o lm(size_t newValue): The standard copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
There are no public or protected member functions in this class. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/ofoldstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { OFoldStream out(cout, 0, 80); out << "hello world (left margin is 0)" << lm(4) << " " "this uses a 4 character wide left margin " << lm(0) << flush << "at column 0 again "; return 0; } FILES
bobcat/lm - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), manipulators(3bobcat), mlm(3bobcat), ofoldstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::lm(3bobcat)