Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting .sh script / Check for file in two directories then cat the files Post 302440533 by Loonatic on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 12:16:45 PM
Old 07-27-2010
Thank you so much, you rock =)

I have a few scripts to build like that and you gave me a good fondation to start with.

Thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What/How to check before deleting files and directories

Hi there, I have a some directories containing web files that are old, and I need to remove them. I know that there might be sym links and hyperlinks pointing to these old directories. If that's the case, then I'll have to fix the links before deleting these old directories to avoid broken... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yvochan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check all files in directories for string and remove.. possible?

Say I am in /var/adm/bin and I want to search through all the various scripts and such in that directory for a string, say, xxx@yyy.com I want to find every file with that in there and replace it with a single space. Is that possible? Or, is it possible to search every file and get a list... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat files in different directories

i have data files in different directories like /jadat /cadat etcc... i have list of this directories in a file files. content of files: ja ca directories: /jadat /cadat file in each of these directories natt_trans_like.dat i need to loop though each directory for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if all directories of file's path exists?

I wonder if the script below is possible to write somehow more efficiently. It seems to me the problem is very common.. CreateFolders() # parameter: name of file with relative path with regard to directory $project_root { echo $1 | awk '{ n=split($1, array, "/"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat certain files in directories to files named after the dir?

Hi all, I have a directory with many subdirectories each named like so: KOG0001, KOG0002, ...KOG9999. Each of these subdirectories contain a variable number two kinds of files (nuc and prot) named like so: Capitella_sp_nuc_hits.fasta (nuc) and Capitella_sp_prot_hits.fasta (prot). The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting files and directories when the file system reaches the threshold

Hi Can someone assist in writing a script. I have a filesystem named /sybase in my aix lpar. When this filesystem becomes 94% full all the files and directories under /sybase/logs should be deleted immediately. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File check script fails for multiple files

I want to check if any file with testing*.txt exists but my script fails if more than 1 file exists. It works fine for a single file if then echo "TEST21" fi -------------- bash: How do I fix this? Thanks Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check a file and delete old files

Hello, I needed help with a shell script where in it checks if a file exists under a directory and also checks the age of the file and delete it if it is older than 3 weeks. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies
DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)

NAME
dh_installemacsen - register an Emacs add on package SYNOPSIS
dh_installemacsen [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [--flavor=foo] DESCRIPTION
dh_installemacsen is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian emacsen-common package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the preinst postinst and prerm commands needed to register a package as an Emacs add on package. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works. FILES
debian/package.emacsen-compat Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/compat/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-install Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-remove Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-startup Installed into etc/emacs/site-start.d/50package.el in the package build directory. Use --priority to use a different priority than 50. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. --priority=n Sets the priority number of a site-start.d file. Default is 50. --flavor=foo Sets the flavor a site-start.d file will be installed in. Default is emacs, alternatives include xemacs and emacs20. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) "usr/share/doc/emacsen-common/debian-emacs-policy.gz" This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)