Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting .sh script / Check for file in two directories then cat the files Post 302440490 by Loonatic on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 10:42:54 AM
Old 07-27-2010
.sh script / Check for file in two directories then cat the files

Hi,

Here is what i'm trying to do,

-Check in two directories for a user inputed filename
-Then cat all the version found of the file to the current screen

I am a total nembie to programming, here what i have done so far....

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#Check in /home/loonatic and /var/named/master
#If the file exist cat it.
dir1="/home/loonatic/"
dir2="/var/named/master/"
if [ ls ${dir1} ${dir2} ${filename} ] ; then
do [[ -f $dir1/$filename ]] && cat "$dir1/$filename"
do [[ -f $dir2/$filename ]] && cat "$dir2/$filename"
else
exit

If you can point me toward a solution or reading material that would be great.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What/How to check before deleting files and directories

Hi there, I have a some directories containing web files that are old, and I need to remove them. I know that there might be sym links and hyperlinks pointing to these old directories. If that's the case, then I'll have to fix the links before deleting these old directories to avoid broken... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yvochan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check all files in directories for string and remove.. possible?

Say I am in /var/adm/bin and I want to search through all the various scripts and such in that directory for a string, say, xxx@yyy.com I want to find every file with that in there and replace it with a single space. Is that possible? Or, is it possible to search every file and get a list... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat files in different directories

i have data files in different directories like /jadat /cadat etcc... i have list of this directories in a file files. content of files: ja ca directories: /jadat /cadat file in each of these directories natt_trans_like.dat i need to loop though each directory for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if all directories of file's path exists?

I wonder if the script below is possible to write somehow more efficiently. It seems to me the problem is very common.. CreateFolders() # parameter: name of file with relative path with regard to directory $project_root { echo $1 | awk '{ n=split($1, array, "/"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat certain files in directories to files named after the dir?

Hi all, I have a directory with many subdirectories each named like so: KOG0001, KOG0002, ...KOG9999. Each of these subdirectories contain a variable number two kinds of files (nuc and prot) named like so: Capitella_sp_nuc_hits.fasta (nuc) and Capitella_sp_prot_hits.fasta (prot). The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting files and directories when the file system reaches the threshold

Hi Can someone assist in writing a script. I have a filesystem named /sybase in my aix lpar. When this filesystem becomes 94% full all the files and directories under /sybase/logs should be deleted immediately. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File check script fails for multiple files

I want to check if any file with testing*.txt exists but my script fails if more than 1 file exists. It works fine for a single file if then echo "TEST21" fi -------------- bash: How do I fix this? Thanks Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check a file and delete old files

Hello, I needed help with a shell script where in it checks if a file exists under a directory and also checks the age of the file and delete it if it is older than 3 weeks. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies
RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)						    Box Backup							RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)

NAME
raidfile-config - Configure Box Backup's RAID files SYNOPSIS
raidfile-config config-dir blocksize dir1 [dir2 [dir3]] DESCRIPTION
raidfile-config creates a raidfile.conf file for Box Backup. This file holds information about the directories used to store backups in. Box Backup supports userland RAID, in a restricted RAID5 configuration, where 3 and only 3 'drives' are supported. You can read more about RAID5 (and other RAID-levels) here[1]. Parameters The parameters are as follows: config-dir The directory path where configuration files are located. Usually this is /etc/box. raidfile.conf will be written in this directory. blocksize The block size used for file storage in the system, in bytes. Using a multiple of the file system block size is a good strategy. Depending on the size of the files you will be backing up, this multiple varies. Of course it also depends on the native block size of your file system. dir1 The first directory in the built-in RAID array. dir2 The second directory in the built-in RAID array. If you are not using the built-in RAID functionality, this field should be ignored. You should not use the built-in RAID if you have a hardware RAID solution or if you're using another type of software RAID (like md on Linux). dir3 The third directory in the built-in RAID array. The same notes that apply to dir2 also apply to dir3. Note that there are currently no way to add multiple disk sets to the raidfile.conf file using command line tools, etc. See raidfile.conf(5) for details on adding more disks. BUGS
If you find a bug in Box Backup, and you want to let us know about it, join the mailing list[2], and send a description of the problem there. To report a bug, give us at least the following information: o The version of Box Backup you are running o The platform you are running on (hardware and OS), for both client and server. o If possible attach your config files (bbstored.conf, bbackupd.conf) to the bug report. o Also attach any log file output that helps shed light on the problem you are seeing. o And last but certainly not least, a description of what you are seeing, in as much detail as possible. FILES
raidfile-config generates the raidfile.conf(5) file. SEE ALSO
bbstored-config(8), bbstored.conf(5), raidfile.conf(5) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman NOTES
1. here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks#RAID_5 2. mailing list http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/boxbackup Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)