Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Installer GUI
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Installer GUI Post 302440401 by fatfingerjoe on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 05:53:53 AM
Old 07-27-2010
Thanks for the fast help pludi. Newt looks promising. I'm going to check into that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI possible in shell script..?

Hi All, Currently my requirement is to parse through the log scripts and show the errors to the user.The only twist I got is it needs some GUI ,which is considered user friendly. Does anyone has any idea , if GUI can be implemented through shell scripts, please let me know. Thanks! nua7 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for shell scripts

I want to create a GUI which runs shell scripts in the background. What should I use for creating that GUI. I would be nice if you could point me to some resources where I can learn to create a GUI (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for shell scripts

what GUI can be used with shell scripting for example if i want to say hello in prompted window thnx in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semosam
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GUI via secure shell

Hi i am connected to remote system using putty over ssh-1 version. i can see the command line and able to perform the operations through it. is it possible to have a GUI interface of my login rather than terminal access? do i need to use any client other than putty ? any help is much... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
5 Replies

6. AIX

GUI Installer Error

Hey I'm getting the below error when trying to launch the GUI installer. I contacted the application owner and they asked me to remove JAVA_HOME env variable, I removed it but still get this error. As the error message said, tried with -console and it didnt work too. nothing happened, it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
3 Replies

7. SuSE

HELP for Newbie: Unable to run GUI installer (Ubuntu client connected to SLES server)

Hello All, I'm using my Ubuntu 10.04 client connected via SSH to a SuSE Linux server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) version 11 patchlevel=1). I'm trying to run an install of WebSphere Portal but can't seem to be able to run the GUI installer. Running xclock as root returns this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartrait
7 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Logging in to the GUI from the shell

I have an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server running GNOME shell,that I occassionly have to remotely access to perform some maintenance. I usually vpnc into the network and then simply use vncviewer to access the Gnome GUI desktop for testing,given that the account is logged in. The other day I had to reboot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies

9. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installer is shell script not working

Hi Guys, I have one installer shell script which normally get from the dev team to install the app and it works fine for years (in IAX) the same installer/script iam trying to run in Linux 7.2 but it stuck somewhere which I cannot debug, can you help me to point out where it stuck . here is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
9 Replies
GIT-HTTP-PUSH(1)                                                    Git Manual                                                    GIT-HTTP-PUSH(1)

NAME
git-http-push - Push objects over HTTP/DAV to another repository SYNOPSIS
git http-push [--all] [--dry-run] [--force] [--verbose] <url> <ref> [<ref>...] DESCRIPTION
Sends missing objects to remote repository, and updates the remote branch. NOTE: This command is temporarily disabled if your libcurl is older than 7.16, as the combination has been reported not to work and sometimes corrupts repository. OPTIONS
--all Do not assume that the remote repository is complete in its current state, and verify all objects in the entire local ref's history exist in the remote repository. --force Usually, the command refuses to update a remote ref that is not an ancestor of the local ref used to overwrite it. This flag disables the check. What this means is that the remote repository can lose commits; use it with care. --dry-run Do everything except actually send the updates. --verbose Report the list of objects being walked locally and the list of objects successfully sent to the remote repository. -d, -D Remove <ref> from remote repository. The specified branch cannot be the remote HEAD. If -d is specified the following other conditions must also be met: o Remote HEAD must resolve to an object that exists locally o Specified branch resolves to an object that exists locally o Specified branch is an ancestor of the remote HEAD <ref>... The remote refs to update. SPECIFYING THE REFS
A <ref> specification can be either a single pattern, or a pair of such patterns separated by a colon ":" (this means that a ref name cannot have a colon in it). A single pattern <name> is just a shorthand for <name>:<name>. Each pattern pair consists of the source side (before the colon) and the destination side (after the colon). The ref to be pushed is determined by finding a match that matches the source side, and where it is pushed is determined by using the destination side. o It is an error if <src> does not match exactly one of the local refs. o If <dst> does not match any remote ref, either o it has to start with "refs/"; <dst> is used as the destination literally in this case. o <src> == <dst> and the ref that matched the <src> must not exist in the set of remote refs; the ref matched <src> locally is used as the name of the destination. Without '--force`, the <src> ref is stored at the remote only if <dst> does not exist, or <dst> is a proper subset (i.e. an ancestor) of <src>. This check, known as "fast-forward check", is performed in order to avoid accidentally overwriting the remote ref and lose other peoples' commits from there. With --force, the fast-forward check is disabled for all refs. Optionally, a <ref> parameter can be prefixed with a plus + sign to disable the fast-forward check only on that ref. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-HTTP-PUSH(1)