Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scope of variables between scripts Post 302440362 by dahlia84 on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 03:37:48 AM
Old 07-27-2010
Thanks scott for your time. I got it now.

Code:
echo "Some Warning" >> $LOGFILE

This command does not seem to create the $LOGFILE if $LOGFILE does not exist. That's why I am using | tee.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access Awk Variables Outside Scope

Sorry in the wrong forum. Moving this to right forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variables in scripts

Just a quick question. If I have a script that calls another script while running, is it possible for the second script to reference a variable in the first script and if so, how. Is it scriptname.sh:$VARIABLE for a global variable and can you do scriptname.sh:function $VARIABLE or am I off my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirkm76
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access variables across scripts

Hi All, I have declared a variable in script1 and assign a value for it. In script2 i'll call script1 and then I want the value of variables set in script1. I have tried with export, but in vain. How can I achive this? Below is the two scripts. --script1 #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaDev
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing variables between scripts...

Hey all, I'm wondering how you pass variable's that are defined in one script to another script that's been called by that first script..... Best regards, Jaz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Awk Variables Outside Scope

My awk script searches for specified patterns in a text file and stores these values into mem variables. Once this is done I want to Insert these values into a table. How can I avail of the variable values outside the scope of awk script.... One method that I have tried is to write the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt??? [scope of variables]

Heres an example..... <~/abc>$ cat textfile line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 line 5 <~/abc>$ cat try.sh #/bin/ksh for runs in 1 2 3 do A=$runs echo "Inside A : $A" done echo "Outside A : $A" <- works fine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qzv2jm
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt about variables scope

I call my script with two parameters myscript.sh aaa bbb What is the way to access $1 and $2 values inside a function? I call the function like this myfuntion $1 $1 but inside of the function, $1 and $2 are empty. Any suggestions? thank you in advanced. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aristegui
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables scope.

Hi , I'm trying to change the variable value in a while loop , however its not working it seems that the problem with subshells while reading the file. #!/bin/sh FLAG=0; cat filename | while read data do FLAG=1; done echo $FLAG Should display 1 instead displays 0 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

while read loop; scope of variables (shell)

If I set a variable within a while-read loop, sometimes it's local to the loop, sometimes it's global, depending on how the loop is set up. I'm testing this on a Debian Lenny system using both bash and dash with the same results. For example: # Pipe command into while-read loop count= ls -1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjd_tech
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to get out of 2 variables in scripts

Hi All, i have written below script, and out put i am looking for both variable PRIMARY_CONF and $STANDBY_CONF but i am getting below error d1.sh: line 64: ------------------------------ line 64 is: if -a ; then ---------------------------------- please let me know where is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
9 Replies
DELUGED(1)						      General Commands Manual							DELUGED(1)

NAME
deluged - a bittorrent client daemon SYNOPSIS
deluged [options] DESCRIPTION
Deluge utilizes a client/server model, with 'deluged' being the daemon process and 'deluge' being used to launch a user-interface. By default, 'deluged' will run as a daemon, to prevent this you can run deluged with the -d option. This option is useful for running del- uged with the start-stop-daemon. OPTIONS
--version Show program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show this help message and exit. -p PORT, --port=PORT Port daemon will listen on, default is 58846 -i INTERFACE, --interface=INTERFACE Interface daemon will listen for bittorrent connections on, this should be an IP address -u UI_INTERFACE, --ui-interface=UI_INTERFACE Interface daemon will listen for UI connections on, this should be an IP address -d, --do-not-daemonize Do not daemonize -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG Sets the configuration path. -l LOGFILE, --logfile=LOGFILE Output to designated logfile instead of stdout -P PIDFILE, --pidfile=PIDFILE Use pidfile to store process id -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Set the log level (default is error): none, info, warning, error, critical, debug -q --quiet Sets the log level to 'none', this is the same as `-L none` SEE ALSO
Homepage: http://www.deluge-torrent.org/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andrew Resch <andrewresch@gmail.com>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation 1.3.3 July 2011 DELUGED(1)