Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in Regular expression in bash shell Post 302440345 by flamingo_l on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 02:48:13 AM
Old 07-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
Code:
grep -ni '[^0-9A-F][0-9A-F]\{1,2\}\.[0-9A-F]\{1,2\}\.[0-9A-F]\{1,2\}\.[0-9A-F]\{1,2\}' infile
9:jhhh 12.12.AF.12

This is not working if the infile has:

Code:
echo "Hai........"
abdfkljk 110.111.111.11 kjdkjjkjdk
3.23.AS.AA
24.DD.DD.DDD
24.DD.DD
24.DD.DD.EE
ab.cd.df.rf
/usr/bin
jhhh 12.12.AF.12

Output is
Code:
10:jhhh 12.12.AF.12

whereas Output should be

Code:
7:24.DD.DD.EE
10:jhhh 12.12.AF.12

---------- Post updated at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:44 AM ----------

Ok.. Thanks for the deailed explanation

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using regular expression an shell script!!

I want to check if the first argument of my shell script starts with a specifiec string? Any Idea?? Thank u (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use regular expression in Bash Shell Scripting

Hi, Actually i have written one test.sh (shell program) in bash. Here i have a variables $a which stored the value package1. Now I want to write a regular expression inside the if command that "if $a variable contains letter p in the begining of the value package1 then it is coming true.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching in BASH (equivalent of =~ in Perl)

In Perl I can write a condition that evaluates a match expression like this: if ($foo =~ /^bar/) { do blah blah blah } How do I write this in shell? What I need to know is what operator do I use? The '=~' doesn't seem to fit. I've tried different operators, I browsed the man page for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiana_tas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Regular expression as input in shell script

Hi, I have script which will take a string as input and search in a file. But when I want to search a pattern which has special characters script is ignoring it. For example: I want to search a pattern "\.tumblr\.com". shell script is removing \ (backslah) and trying to search... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a regular expression and match in two (or more files) using bash

Dear all, I have a specific problem that I don't quite understand how to solve. I have two files, both of the same format: XXXXXX_FIND1 bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ======== (return) XXXXXX_FIND2 bla bla bla bla bla bla (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
10 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression with shell script to extract data out of a text file

hi i am trying to extract some specific data out of a text file using regular expressions with shell script that is using a multiline grep .. and the tool i am using is pcregrep so that i can get compatibility with perl's regular expressions for a sample data like this, i am trying to grab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemkiran
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

incorporating a regular expression statement in a shell script (.sh)

I do have a shell file where I call many unix commands . I would like to add a regular expression step in that shell file, where a text file, say Test.txt has to be openned and all the :'s should be replaced. Basically apply the follwoing regular expression: :%s/://g to that particular text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SHELL: UNIX : Ls regular expression not working when used with variables

If i do below command in unix prompt which static values (ie 27..97), it is working fine and gives desired output >ls -d $WORKDIR/batch/somefilename_{27..97}.* 2>/dev/null somefilename_27.sometxt somefilename_28.sometxt somefilename_29.sometxt .. somefilename_97.sometxt But if i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiderali
2 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)