Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scope of variables between scripts Post 302440338 by Scott on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 02:21:51 AM
Old 07-27-2010
Hi.

export the variables when you declare them in file1.sh:

Code:
NOW=$(date +"%b-%d-%y")
LOGFILE="./log-$NOW.log"
export NOW LOGFILE

and they will be available to you in file2.sh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access Awk Variables Outside Scope

Sorry in the wrong forum. Moving this to right forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variables in scripts

Just a quick question. If I have a script that calls another script while running, is it possible for the second script to reference a variable in the first script and if so, how. Is it scriptname.sh:$VARIABLE for a global variable and can you do scriptname.sh:function $VARIABLE or am I off my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirkm76
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access variables across scripts

Hi All, I have declared a variable in script1 and assign a value for it. In script2 i'll call script1 and then I want the value of variables set in script1. I have tried with export, but in vain. How can I achive this? Below is the two scripts. --script1 #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaDev
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing variables between scripts...

Hey all, I'm wondering how you pass variable's that are defined in one script to another script that's been called by that first script..... Best regards, Jaz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Awk Variables Outside Scope

My awk script searches for specified patterns in a text file and stores these values into mem variables. Once this is done I want to Insert these values into a table. How can I avail of the variable values outside the scope of awk script.... One method that I have tried is to write the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt??? [scope of variables]

Heres an example..... <~/abc>$ cat textfile line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 line 5 <~/abc>$ cat try.sh #/bin/ksh for runs in 1 2 3 do A=$runs echo "Inside A : $A" done echo "Outside A : $A" <- works fine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qzv2jm
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt about variables scope

I call my script with two parameters myscript.sh aaa bbb What is the way to access $1 and $2 values inside a function? I call the function like this myfuntion $1 $1 but inside of the function, $1 and $2 are empty. Any suggestions? thank you in advanced. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aristegui
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables scope.

Hi , I'm trying to change the variable value in a while loop , however its not working it seems that the problem with subshells while reading the file. #!/bin/sh FLAG=0; cat filename | while read data do FLAG=1; done echo $FLAG Should display 1 instead displays 0 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

while read loop; scope of variables (shell)

If I set a variable within a while-read loop, sometimes it's local to the loop, sometimes it's global, depending on how the loop is set up. I'm testing this on a Debian Lenny system using both bash and dash with the same results. For example: # Pipe command into while-read loop count= ls -1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjd_tech
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to get out of 2 variables in scripts

Hi All, i have written below script, and out put i am looking for both variable PRIMARY_CONF and $STANDBY_CONF but i am getting below error d1.sh: line 64: ------------------------------ line 64 is: if -a ; then ---------------------------------- please let me know where is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
9 Replies
GNUNET-DHT-GET(1)					      General Commands Manual						 GNUNET-DHT-GET(1)

NAME
gnunet-dht-get - issue a GET request to the GNUnet DHT, prints results. SYNOPSIS
gnunet-dht-get [options] DESCRIPTION
gnunet-dht-get issue a GET request to the GNUnet DHT and prints results. OPTIONS
-c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. -h, --help Print short help on options. -k KEY, --key=KEY The query key. -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Use LOGLEVEL for logging. Valid values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING and ERROR. -l LOGFILE, --logfile=LOGFILE Configure logging to write logs to LOGFILE. -r LEVEL, --replication=LEVEL How many parallel requests (replicas) to create. -T TIMEOUT, --timeout=TIMEOUT How long to execute this query before giving up? -t TYPE, --type=TYPE The type of data to look for. -V, --verbose Be verbose (print progress information). -v, --version Print GNUnet version number. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> GNUnet Jan 4, 2012 GNUNET-DHT-GET(1)