Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Brightness adjustment
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Brightness adjustment Post 302440238 by Corona688 on Monday 26th of July 2010 02:38:05 PM
Old 07-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvj
What is this 'modprobe video'
It's a command that you run in the shell as root. It should load the 'video' module if it isn't loaded already, which may give you ACPI control of your laptop monitor.
Quote:
lsmode command also gives me video in that so that means to me that I have video.ko installed. But I don't know why proc/acpi don't have video folder
Because, as already said, your laptop may have a proprietary BIOS which controls video in a non-ACPI way, hence only works in windows and even then probably only with special drivers. What is your laptop?

Last edited by Corona688; 07-26-2010 at 03:44 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to disable time auto adjustment ??

We do not use ntp.conf file. However time's changed automatically. How can i disbale automatic time adjustment ? Thank you in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: v838
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File character adjustment based on specific character

i have a reqirement to adjust the data in a file based on a perticular character the sample data is as below 483PDEAN CORRIGAN 52304037528955WAGES 50000 89BP ABCD MASTER352 5434604223735428 4200 58BP SOUTHERN WA848 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk adjustment to print total

im trying to print all lines in the /var/log/syslog file that contain the pattern CRON. and after all the lines have been printed, i want a total of all the lines that contained "CRON" to be printed at the end. the below command is printing the correct lines, but it is giving me the sum of all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adjustment to current awk statement

Hello all, I have a script that currently works very well but I would like to make a change so that I could prompt for user input for a 2 digit numeric field that would represent the month instead of using the system date for the month. This is my current awk script that Don so graciously... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chromosomal Bin Size Adjustment

Dear All, Hope you are rocking. I was using publicly available tools to do a task to chop a region into equal number of bins. But the glitch with this tool is that it causes the last region to carry lower number of bases than requested. But I want the first bin to have the lower ones. Here... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies
xscreensaver-getimage-video(1)					XScreenSaver manual				    xscreensaver-getimage-video(1)

NAME
xscreensaver-getimage-video - put a video frame on the root window SYNOPSIS
xscreensaver-getimage-video [-display host:display.screen] [--verbose] [--stdout] DESCRIPTION
The xscreensaver-getimage-video program is a helper program for the xscreensaver hacks that manipulate images. Specifically, it is invoked by xscreensaver-getimage(1) as needed. This is not a user-level command. This program grabs a random frame of video from the system's video input, and then loads it on the root window. It does this by figuring out which frame-grabbing programs are installed on the system, and invoking the first one it finds. Then it runs xscreensaver-getim- age-file(1) to load that image onto the root window. OPTIONS
xscreensaver-getimage-video accepts the following options: --verbose Print diagnostics. --stdout Instead of loading the image onto the root window, write it to stdout as a PBM file. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1), xscreensaver-getimage-file(1), bttvgrab(1), qcam(1), streamer(1), atitv(1), vidtomem(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 14-Apr-01 X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xscreensaver-getimage-video(1)