Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in Regular expression in bash shell Post 302440120 by flamingo_l on Monday 26th of July 2010 08:53:00 AM
Old 07-26-2010
Thanks Zaxxon...

The second part is solved.

Can you please look at the first part.

Code:
grep -rn '^[0-9A-F]\{1,2\}\.[0-9A-F]\{1,2\}\.[0-9A-F]\{1,2\}\.[0-9A-F]\{1,2\}\$' *

I want to search for patterns XX.XX.XX.XX
Where X can be hexadecimal numbers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using regular expression an shell script!!

I want to check if the first argument of my shell script starts with a specifiec string? Any Idea?? Thank u (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use regular expression in Bash Shell Scripting

Hi, Actually i have written one test.sh (shell program) in bash. Here i have a variables $a which stored the value package1. Now I want to write a regular expression inside the if command that "if $a variable contains letter p in the begining of the value package1 then it is coming true.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching in BASH (equivalent of =~ in Perl)

In Perl I can write a condition that evaluates a match expression like this: if ($foo =~ /^bar/) { do blah blah blah } How do I write this in shell? What I need to know is what operator do I use? The '=~' doesn't seem to fit. I've tried different operators, I browsed the man page for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiana_tas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Regular expression as input in shell script

Hi, I have script which will take a string as input and search in a file. But when I want to search a pattern which has special characters script is ignoring it. For example: I want to search a pattern "\.tumblr\.com". shell script is removing \ (backslah) and trying to search... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a regular expression and match in two (or more files) using bash

Dear all, I have a specific problem that I don't quite understand how to solve. I have two files, both of the same format: XXXXXX_FIND1 bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ======== (return) XXXXXX_FIND2 bla bla bla bla bla bla (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
10 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression with shell script to extract data out of a text file

hi i am trying to extract some specific data out of a text file using regular expressions with shell script that is using a multiline grep .. and the tool i am using is pcregrep so that i can get compatibility with perl's regular expressions for a sample data like this, i am trying to grab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemkiran
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

incorporating a regular expression statement in a shell script (.sh)

I do have a shell file where I call many unix commands . I would like to add a regular expression step in that shell file, where a text file, say Test.txt has to be openned and all the :'s should be replaced. Basically apply the follwoing regular expression: :%s/://g to that particular text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SHELL: UNIX : Ls regular expression not working when used with variables

If i do below command in unix prompt which static values (ie 27..97), it is working fine and gives desired output >ls -d $WORKDIR/batch/somefilename_{27..97}.* 2>/dev/null somefilename_27.sometxt somefilename_28.sometxt somefilename_29.sometxt .. somefilename_97.sometxt But if i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiderali
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)