Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba Client for RHEL 4
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Samba Client for RHEL 4 Post 302440091 by guidovans on Monday 26th of July 2010 06:56:46 AM
Old 07-26-2010
I am looking for a CLI client. Where can i find a smbclient for RHEL4 ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to enumerate samba shares with client

I have a samba server node and I want to mount the samba (CIFS) shares from a second (client) unix machine. However, the unix mount command requires I specify the name of the share. What if I don't know the name of the share? How can I enumerate all the shares from the samba client machine? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Samba (SMB) client fails: "Called name not present"

Hi, I issue smbclient on a Linux REd hat server : smbclient -L ***.16.0.42 -U domaine/Administrator Password: Domain= OS= Server= Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- IPC$ IPC IPC distant ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Rhel Client v6 and Flash player problem

Hello, I use Redhat enterprise Client v6. Firefox and chrome doesn't run flash script. I download (final version) and install flash rpm package. After redhat downloaded flash player security update and installed. but, still can not run flash script. what can i do for running flash script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oulutas
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Samba create mask and dir mask on RHEL 4.8

Hi Experts, I'm using samba -3.6.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 8) ,all seems ok. The issue im facing is as follows. When ever a user creates a file via windows explorer the permissions assgined to the file are as follows -rw-rwxr--+ 1 tom group2 0 Mar 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Not able to find samba client service in Solaris 10

Hi I am new to samba & I need to configure samba client on Solaris 10 machine where I need to mount/share window folder (Window 2008 machine is configured as samba server). I am following below mention link to mount this window's folder. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get file from share drive when filename with spaces using samba client?

Hi Team, I am not able to get file name from shared drive when filename have spaces in it. following command i am using. filename="REP00105 - ABC XYZ (SCM)_ 1.TXT" /hfx/opt/samba220/bin/smbclient \\\\${nt_host}\\${nt_share} ${NT_PASSWORD} -U${NT_USERNAME} -c "cd ${nt_directory}; prompt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL client on RHEL

I have a statistical application running on RHEL 6.2. One of the data source is a MySQL 5.1 DB running on a WIN platform. I need to make ODBC or MySQL connection to retrieve data. What I did: I have checked yum and selected the appropriate unixOdbc and installed w/o problem. downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6 SAMBA PDC not loading user's profile

Hi all I am facing a problem. I have configured SAMBA PDC on RHEL 6. Everything is going very smooth. Users are being logged in properly & their network drives (i-e; z: drives) are being shown. But either i login to Windows XP or Windows 7, user's profile does not get loaded. I get an error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yawar_Aziz
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba - Change passwd from client with ctrl + alt + del

Hello, I got a very strange issue using samba. From a Windows 7 client that joined the domain, i want to change a user password. Here is what i am doing exactly : Loging into the domain account, with username and password. Pressing ctrl + alt + del Clic on Change password menu Enter old... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purgator
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Getting "-bash-3.2#" prompt after logging to RHEL client

Hi, I am getting the -bash-3.2# prompt whenever I am trying to logging in the RHEL machine # ssh mindnic-02 root@mindnic-02's password: Last login: Thu May 25 14:06:31 2017 from 10.250.107.81 Could not chdir to home directory /root: No such file or directory -bash-3.2# Please help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
7 Replies
LOCKTEST(1)							    Test Suite							       LOCKTEST(1)

NAME
locktest - Find differences in locking between two SMB servers SYNOPSIS
locktest {//server1/share1} {//server2/share2} [-U user%pass] [-U user%pass] [-s seed] [-o numops] [-a] [-O] [-E] [-Z] [-R range] [-B base] [-M min] DESCRIPTION
locktest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour in locking between SMB servers. It will run a random set of locking operations against //server1/share1 and then the same random set against //server2/share2 and display the differences in the responses it gets. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter can be specified twice (once for the first server, once for the second). -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -o numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -A Backtrack to find minimal number of operations required to make the response to a certain call differ. -O Enable oplocks. -u Hide unlock fails. -E enable exact error code checking -Z enable the zero/zero lock -R range set lock range -B base set lock base -M min set min lock length -k Use kerberos VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. locktest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 LOCKTEST(1)