Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba Client for RHEL 4
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Samba Client for RHEL 4 Post 302440076 by agn on Monday 26th of July 2010 05:56:25 AM
Old 07-26-2010
If you want something to browse samba share, nautilus(GNOME) and konqueror(KDE) can do it. Both GUI. If you're looking for a CLI client, try smbclient.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to enumerate samba shares with client

I have a samba server node and I want to mount the samba (CIFS) shares from a second (client) unix machine. However, the unix mount command requires I specify the name of the share. What if I don't know the name of the share? How can I enumerate all the shares from the samba client machine? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Samba (SMB) client fails: "Called name not present"

Hi, I issue smbclient on a Linux REd hat server : smbclient -L ***.16.0.42 -U domaine/Administrator Password: Domain= OS= Server= Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- IPC$ IPC IPC distant ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Rhel Client v6 and Flash player problem

Hello, I use Redhat enterprise Client v6. Firefox and chrome doesn't run flash script. I download (final version) and install flash rpm package. After redhat downloaded flash player security update and installed. but, still can not run flash script. what can i do for running flash script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oulutas
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Samba create mask and dir mask on RHEL 4.8

Hi Experts, I'm using samba -3.6.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 8) ,all seems ok. The issue im facing is as follows. When ever a user creates a file via windows explorer the permissions assgined to the file are as follows -rw-rwxr--+ 1 tom group2 0 Mar 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Not able to find samba client service in Solaris 10

Hi I am new to samba & I need to configure samba client on Solaris 10 machine where I need to mount/share window folder (Window 2008 machine is configured as samba server). I am following below mention link to mount this window's folder. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get file from share drive when filename with spaces using samba client?

Hi Team, I am not able to get file name from shared drive when filename have spaces in it. following command i am using. filename="REP00105 - ABC XYZ (SCM)_ 1.TXT" /hfx/opt/samba220/bin/smbclient \\\\${nt_host}\\${nt_share} ${NT_PASSWORD} -U${NT_USERNAME} -c "cd ${nt_directory}; prompt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL client on RHEL

I have a statistical application running on RHEL 6.2. One of the data source is a MySQL 5.1 DB running on a WIN platform. I need to make ODBC or MySQL connection to retrieve data. What I did: I have checked yum and selected the appropriate unixOdbc and installed w/o problem. downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6 SAMBA PDC not loading user's profile

Hi all I am facing a problem. I have configured SAMBA PDC on RHEL 6. Everything is going very smooth. Users are being logged in properly & their network drives (i-e; z: drives) are being shown. But either i login to Windows XP or Windows 7, user's profile does not get loaded. I get an error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yawar_Aziz
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba - Change passwd from client with ctrl + alt + del

Hello, I got a very strange issue using samba. From a Windows 7 client that joined the domain, i want to change a user password. Here is what i am doing exactly : Loging into the domain account, with username and password. Pressing ctrl + alt + del Clic on Change password menu Enter old... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purgator
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Getting "-bash-3.2#" prompt after logging to RHEL client

Hi, I am getting the -bash-3.2# prompt whenever I am trying to logging in the RHEL machine # ssh mindnic-02 root@mindnic-02's password: Last login: Thu May 25 14:06:31 2017 from 10.250.107.81 Could not chdir to home directory /root: No such file or directory -bash-3.2# Please help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
7 Replies
GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)

NAME
git-web--browse - git helper script to launch a web browser SYNOPSIS
git web--browse [OPTIONS] URL/FILE ... DESCRIPTION
This script tries, as much as possible, to display the URLs and FILEs that are passed as arguments, as HTML pages in new tabs on an already opened web browser. The following browsers (or commands) are currently supported: o firefox (this is the default under X Window when not using KDE) o iceweasel o seamonkey o iceape o chromium (also supported as chromium-browser) o google-chrome (also supported as chrome) o konqueror (this is the default under KDE, see Note about konqueror below) o opera o w3m (this is the default outside graphical environments) o elinks o links o lynx o dillo o open (this is the default under Mac OS X GUI) o start (this is the default under MinGW) Custom commands may also be specified. OPTIONS
-b <browser>, --browser=<browser> Use the specified browser. It must be in the list of supported browsers. -t <browser>, --tool=<browser> Same as above. -c <conf.var>, --config=<conf.var> CONF.VAR is looked up in the git config files. If it's set, then its value specifies the browser that should be used. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CONF.VAR (from -c option) and web.browser The web browser can be specified using a configuration variable passed with the -c (or --config) command line option, or the web.browser configuration variable if the former is not used. browser.<tool>.path You can explicitly provide a full path to your preferred browser by setting the configuration variable browser.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to firefox by setting browser.firefox.path. Otherwise, git web--browse assumes the tool is available in PATH. browser.<tool>.cmd When the browser, specified by options or configuration variables, is not among the supported ones, then the corresponding browser.<tool>.cmd configuration variable will be looked up. If this variable exists then git web--browse will treat the specified tool as a custom command and will use a shell eval to run the command with the URLs passed as arguments. NOTE ABOUT KONQUEROR
When konqueror is specified by a command line option or a configuration variable, we launch kfmclient to try to open the HTML man page on an already opened konqueror in a new tab if possible. For consistency, we also try such a trick if browser.konqueror.path is set to something like A_PATH_TO/konqueror. That means we will try to launch A_PATH_TO/kfmclient instead. If you really want to use konqueror, then you can use something like the following: [web] browser = konq [browser "konq"] cmd = A_PATH_TO/konqueror Note about git-config --global Note that these configuration variables should probably be set using the --global flag, for example like this: $ git config --global web.browser firefox as they are probably more user specific than repository specific. See git-config(1) for more information about this. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)