Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comma replaced with pipe
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comma replaced with pipe Post 302440059 by pravin27 on Monday 26th of July 2010 04:15:06 AM
Old 07-26-2010
Hi,

Try this,
Code:
awk '{gsub (",\"","|\"",$0);print}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Replace comma with Pipe inside double quotes

Hi, I have a requirement to replace the comma's inside the double quotes. The comma's inside the double quotes will get changed dynamically. Input Record: "Washington, DC,Prabhu,aju",New York Output Record: "Washington| DC|Prabhu|aju",New York I tried with the below command but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming fields for comma or pipe seperated file

I have file like this FileA: abc , "helloworld" , america def,asia, japan ghi, africa, ipl Output Needed: abc,"helloworld",america def,asia,japan ghi,africa,ipl I would like to implement using awk. I want to trim each field for its leading and trailing spaces. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting comma separated to pipe delimited file

Hi, I came across a very good script to convert a comma seperated to pipe delimited file in this forum. the script serves most of the requirement but looks like it does not handle embedded double quotes and commas i.e if the input is like 1234, "value","first,second", "LDC5"monitor",... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe <|> with comma <,> in a column

Hi All Gurus, I need to replace a pipe <|> with a comma <,> in a few columns with pipe delimited file. The column name are fixed for the replacement of comma <,>. For below example, Col3, Col6 and Col8 are columns need to replace with comma <,> if any pipe encountered. example:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux - Script to generate the output delimited by Comma/Pipe

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to go to a directory, list all the files that start with person* (for eg) & read the most recent file from the list of files. While browsing through the forum, i found that the command ls -t will list the files. I am trying to generate the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, replace comma with pipe. but ignore qoutes

hi, I am trying to replace comma with pipe, but the issue is that i want to ignore the commas inside qoutes. for example: i have file with the string: 1,"2,3",4,"5","6,7" the result should be : 1|"2,3"|4|"5"|"6,7" i trying to use sed and awk (match function) for that, but i did not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabik
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut a pipe delimited file and paste it with another file to form a comma separated outputfile

Hello ppl I have a requirement to split (cut in unix) a file (A.txt) which is a pipe delimited file into A1.txt and A2.txt Now I have to join (paste in unix) this A2.txt with external file A3.txt to form output file A4.txt which should be CSV (comma separated file) so that third party can... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Broken pipe symbol replaced with <A6><A6>

hi, i am copying an xml file from windows to linux server using filezilla&winscp. xml file contains ¦¦ symbols, after copying xml file to server ¦¦ is replaced with <A6><A6>. tried with copying xml files from windows in ascii&binary but no luck. please suggest. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux convert Comma delimited file to pipe

I have file in linux with comma delimited and string fields in double quotations ", I need to convert them to pipe delimiter please share your inputs. Example: Input: "2017-09-30","ACBD,TVF","01234",NULL,18,NULL,"686091802","BANK OF ABCD, LIMITED, THE",790456 Output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shieksir
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse comma separated field and removing comma in between number and double quotes

Hi Experts, Please support I have below data in file in comma seperated, but 4th column is containing comma in between numbers, bcz of which when i tried to parse the file the column 6th value(5049641141) is being removed from the file and value(222.82) in column 5 becoming value of column6. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
3 Replies
FPUTCSV(3)								 1								FPUTCSV(3)

fputcsv - Format line as CSV and write to file pointer

SYNOPSIS
int fputcsv (resource $handle, array $fields, [string $delimiter = ","], [string $enclosure = '"'], [string $escape_char = " DESCRIPTION
fputcsv(3) formats a line (passed as a $fields array) as CSV and write it (terminated by a newline) to the specified file $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -The file pointer must be valid, and must point to a file successfully opened by fopen(3) or fsockopen(3) (and not yet closed by fclose(3)). o $fields - An array of values. o $delimiter - The optional $delimiter parameter sets the field delimiter (one character only). o $enclosure - The optional $enclosure parameter sets the field enclosure (one character only). o $escape_char - The optional $escape_char parameter sets the escape character (one character only). RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the written string or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ | 5.5.4 | | | | | | | The $escape_char parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 fputcsv(3) example <?php $list = array ( array('aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'dddd'), array('123', '456', '789'), array('"aaa"', '"bbb"') ); $fp = fopen('file.csv', 'w'); foreach ($list as $fields) { fputcsv($fp, $fields); } fclose($fp); ?> The above example will write the following to file.csv: aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd 123,456,789 """aaa""","""bbb""" NOTES
Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. SEE ALSO
fgetcsv(3). PHP Documentation Group FPUTCSV(3)