Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crobjob Script to Email if Problem Found Post 302440054 by bigearsbilly on Monday 26th of July 2010 03:56:28 AM
Old 07-26-2010
I usually do something like this...

Code:
blah
blah
blah
[ $all_is_ok ] && exit  # exit if all is well

mailx -s oops user << EOF

message here.
do a command?

$(date)
$(cat error_file)

EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem MAKE cc: not found on AIX 5.3 please help me...

Hi guys, I am trying to install Big Brother monitoring on my box p570 AIX5.3ML2. But the after the installation you must run a make and it is failed see below the message: /home/bb/bb1.9h-btf/src/ # make Making aix makefile BBOS="aix" CC="cc" CFLAGS=" -Daix -DTIMEH -DREGEXEC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: touny
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No screens found problem - and I cant use keybord properly to solve!!

Title explains it already. I need to solve the problem from log files. But backspace types ^H . I dont know how to delete character. How can I mend the keybord ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olddays
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script: ksh not found

Hello Guys, what is the significance of using #!/bin/sh at the start of shell script. my default shell is ksh, when i run my script i have ksh: not found error and when i use ./myscript it works. Can anyone explain me the problem please ? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: midhun_u
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting problem - when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu

when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu, however it carries out the next line when i hit a key I know its probably something simple can anyone help? here is my pause function: function pause(){ read -s -n 1 -p "Press any key to return to Menu . . ." echo } SCRIPT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alendrin
2 Replies

5. Solaris

E3500 Harddisk not found problem (First time user)

I'm first time user on Enterprise 3500 and got some problem, that I try to install Solaris 9 on this machine (and it work fine on Sun U10) it not found harddisk in fdisk command on 'ok prompt' I try probe-scsi-all but it show only Tape and CDrom in this machine I install 2 harddisk in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harmut
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with script to send email and if subject line match is found

Help with script that will check log, then find a match is found, add that as the subject line. 1. The script will always run as a deamon.. and scan the event.log file 2. when a new 101 line is added to the event.log file, have the script check position 5,6 and 7 which is the job name, which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axdelg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email in case of file not found

Hi, In the shell script, i want to do sftp and go to a directory and check if a particular file is present, if not i send an email with some error message. Please guide me about how i could achieve it...." (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sJohn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autorep not found problem

Hi All, I am using a putty session to login a server in which autosys is installed. we get the GUI by entering . /opt/CA/UnicenterAutoSysJM/autouser/autosys.ksh.server and then jobscape. when i tried autorep -j jobname it gives me autorep not found. Please help me with this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problem with Script to email Admin users with expired passwords writed byygemici

Hi, I have problem with a script, it was working for 6 month and suddenly I started getting strange expire times example: # chage -l wXXp Last password change : Oct 28, 2014 Password expires : Nov 27, 2014 Password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redmansas
3 Replies
rt-email-dashboards(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					    rt-email-dashboards(8)

NAME
rt-email-dashboards - Send email dashboards SYNOPSIS
rt-email-dashboards [options] DESCRIPTION
This tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards. A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed. Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise. SETUP
You'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab entry to do this. 0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /opt/rt4/local/sbin/rt-email-dashboards This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further tweaking to be run as the correct user. OPTIONS
This tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging. -h --help Display this documentation --dryrun Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't actually generate or email any of them --time SECONDS Instead of using the current time to figure out which dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st, 1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007). --epoch SECONDS Back-compat for --time SECONDS. --all Ignore subscription frequency when considering each dashboard (should only be used with --dryrun for testing and debugging) perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-dashboards(8)