Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to automatically load a script once I login? Post 302440027 by amitranjansahu on Monday 26th of July 2010 12:57:51 AM
Old 07-26-2010
You can add this in your .profile file under home dir. For details pls refer bellow link.

AIX .profile and .ksrc files

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. AIX

Vi opens automatically when i login to a unix box

When I login to a unix box using a putty session , I'm landed in a vi editor, instead of my home directory,I'm guessing instead of pointing me to my home directory, the system points me to /usr/bin/vi. As a result, everytime I log into the system I open up a vi editor and am in there. how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can we launch a shell script automatically upon ssh login?

Greetings all, I'll just like to know if it is possible to launch a shell script automatically upon a user's successful login into ssh from a remote host, without adding a command parameter to the ssh command... ie. after keying in ssh username@host (not ssh username@host "command") and upon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Load data from all files in directory

I'm new in Unix shell scripting and i need someone to help me to make Script that run all time watching my directory that files uploaded to it via FTP (/mydir/incoming_files), if any files exists in it then (if many files exists, then sort files and load them ascending) it‘ll checks the size of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_fighter
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically change to Bash shell after login

Hi men, I think this must be a very common job. "How could to Automatically change to Bash shell after login and then jail user can only using this shell". I want monitor user works.However it just only effect on Bash shell. Consequently if the user change the shell it will be worthless. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Requesting help to automatically create home dir on login

I know we would not normally do this. However, I would like to have user's home directory created when they log in the first time. I have searched the forums and have not found any help yet. Scenario - environment uses NIS for auth and usually NFS mount HOME. However, I have a pilot environment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to open a gnome-terminal in specific workspace and run script within it automatically upon login

OK this is a bit messy. I run Fedora with gnome on a compiz desktop, I have a script (userstart) that opens my 'standard' environment for all my machines when I login. userstart flips to a specific workspace and then opens the required applications in that workspace then flips to the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login putty automatically

Hi Guys , I am using putty.exe file to login to servers . I heard that there is way to save my username and password in putty so that i no need to give my creds while logging into putty . If so please provide me th way to do so . Please note : I am not talking about keyfile . Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
6 Replies
MUTTPROFILE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    MUTTPROFILE(1)

NAME
muttprofile - Choose a Mutt Profile SYNOPSIS
muttprofile [-a|--active string] [-d|--dir directory] [-h|--help] [-p|--profile regexp] [-v|--view] [-V|--Version] [profile] DESCRIPTION
muttprofile is a simple utility to choose a profile to be used with Mutt email-client. It has two operating modes: command-line and inter- active. Muttprofile goes to interactive mode if no command-line arguments are present or option -v|--view is present without profile name. Muttprofile looks for profile files in the Mutt directory, opens them and looks for NAME and DESC definitions. It then creates a symbolic link to the profile chosen by the user. The rest of the work is done with a Mutt macro. USAGE
Interactive mode: Type the name of the profile and the program creates a symlink to load the profile. Press <tab> to complete, <ctrl-d> to see list of choices. Command-line options: -a | --active Set the name for active profile symlink, default is profile.active -d | --dir Set the Mutt directory, default is ~/.mutt -h | --help prints a short help and exits -p | --profile (Perl) Regexp to match profile files in Mutt directory -v | --view Instead of creating a symlink, view profile contents -V | --version prints the version information and exits (use --version for long and -V for short version) profile if profile exits, create the symlink to load it from Mutt, otherwise exit with error INSTALL
Muttprofile requires no installation, but you might have to check the first line of the file ("#!/usr/bin/perl -w") and change the path to perl if needed ('which perl' might be useful here :-) SETTING UP PROFILES
Muttprofile checks the profile files for the following information: # NAME: name for your profile # DESC: description of your profile This information is used for choosing and displaying available profiles. DESC is optional, but if NAME is missing, filename is used instead. USING MUTTPROFILE FROM MUTT
Perhaps the easiest way to invoke muttprofile from mutt is to bind a key with mutt macro command. For example, adding this to your mut- trc-file macro index <F10> "!muttprofile :source ~/.mutt/profile.active m" "New message with profile" binds the function key <F10> to start muttprofile, load the profile and start a new message EXIT CODES
The default exit codes for muttprofile are: 0 OK 1 PROFILE ALREADY ACTIVE 2 ERROR These codes can be used in shell scripts etc. FURTHER INFORMATION
Discussion of profiles with Mutt: http://www.iki.fi/martti.rahkila/mutt/ Mutt home page: http://www.mutt.org MODULES
muttprofile uses the perl modules "Term::Complete" and "Getopt::Long" that both come with the Perl distribution. LICENCE
muttprofile is distibuted under GNU General Public Licence (GPL), same as Mutt. For details, see http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html BUGS
None known so far. Inevitably to appear sooner or later. VERSION
1.0.0 (current) First public release. 2000-05-10 Martti Rahkila AUTHOR
Martti Rahkila martti.rahkila@iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/martti.rahkila/mutt SEE ALSO
mutt(1), perl(1) perl v5.8.0 2003-01-15 MUTTPROFILE(1)