Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crobjob Script to Email if Problem Found Post 302439994 by SkySmart on Sunday 25th of July 2010 03:38:54 PM
Old 07-25-2010
Crobjob Script to Email if Problem Found

I have a script that runs in cron twice every hour. My question is, when this script finds an error and sends an email on that error, and the error recovers

how do i make the script only email when there's a problem and also when there's a recovery for that problem?

simply inserting a "mail -s ....." in front of the command will send out an email with EVERY output from the script. this isn't what i need.

i want the script to send an email out to whomever i tell it to, only when an occurrence of an error is found in a file, and when that error has cleared (enough time passes and that alert didn't reoccur).

makes sense?

please help.

thank you

Last edited by SkySmart; 07-25-2010 at 04:48 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem MAKE cc: not found on AIX 5.3 please help me...

Hi guys, I am trying to install Big Brother monitoring on my box p570 AIX5.3ML2. But the after the installation you must run a make and it is failed see below the message: /home/bb/bb1.9h-btf/src/ # make Making aix makefile BBOS="aix" CC="cc" CFLAGS=" -Daix -DTIMEH -DREGEXEC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: touny
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No screens found problem - and I cant use keybord properly to solve!!

Title explains it already. I need to solve the problem from log files. But backspace types ^H . I dont know how to delete character. How can I mend the keybord ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olddays
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script: ksh not found

Hello Guys, what is the significance of using #!/bin/sh at the start of shell script. my default shell is ksh, when i run my script i have ksh: not found error and when i use ./myscript it works. Can anyone explain me the problem please ? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: midhun_u
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting problem - when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu

when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu, however it carries out the next line when i hit a key I know its probably something simple can anyone help? here is my pause function: function pause(){ read -s -n 1 -p "Press any key to return to Menu . . ." echo } SCRIPT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alendrin
2 Replies

5. Solaris

E3500 Harddisk not found problem (First time user)

I'm first time user on Enterprise 3500 and got some problem, that I try to install Solaris 9 on this machine (and it work fine on Sun U10) it not found harddisk in fdisk command on 'ok prompt' I try probe-scsi-all but it show only Tape and CDrom in this machine I install 2 harddisk in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harmut
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with script to send email and if subject line match is found

Help with script that will check log, then find a match is found, add that as the subject line. 1. The script will always run as a deamon.. and scan the event.log file 2. when a new 101 line is added to the event.log file, have the script check position 5,6 and 7 which is the job name, which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axdelg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email in case of file not found

Hi, In the shell script, i want to do sftp and go to a directory and check if a particular file is present, if not i send an email with some error message. Please guide me about how i could achieve it...." (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sJohn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autorep not found problem

Hi All, I am using a putty session to login a server in which autosys is installed. we get the GUI by entering . /opt/CA/UnicenterAutoSysJM/autouser/autosys.ksh.server and then jobscape. when i tried autorep -j jobname it gives me autorep not found. Please help me with this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problem with Script to email Admin users with expired passwords writed byygemici

Hi, I have problem with a script, it was working for 6 month and suddenly I started getting strange expire times example: # chage -l wXXp Last password change : Oct 28, 2014 Password expires : Nov 27, 2014 Password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redmansas
3 Replies
rt-email-group-admin(8) 				     Request Tracker Reference					   rt-email-group-admin(8)

NAME
rt-email-group-admin - Command line tool for administrating NotifyGroup actions SYNOPSIS
rt-email-group-admin --list rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team' --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team as comment' --comment --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify group Foo and Bar' --group Foo --group Bar rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify user foo@bar.com' --user foo@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify VIPs' --user vip1@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --add 'Notify VIPs' --user vip2@bar.com --group vip1 --user vip3@foo.com rt-email-group-admin --rename 'Notify VIPs' --newname 'Inform VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --switch 'Notify VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --delete 'Notify user foo@bar.com' DESCRIPTION
This script list, create, modify or delete scrip actions in the RT DB. Once you've created an action you can use it in a scrip. For example you can create the following action using this script: rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify developers' --group 'Development Team' Then you can add the followoing scrip to your Bugs queue: Condition: On Create Action: Notify developers Template: Transaction Stage: TransactionCreate Your development team will be notified on every new ticket in the queue. USAGE
rt-email-group-admin --COMMAND ARGS COMMANDS
list Lists actions and its descriptions. create NAME [--comment] [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Creates new action with NAME and adds users and/or groups to its recipient list. Would be notify as comment if --comment specified. add NAME [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Adds groups and/or users to recipients of the action NAME. delete NAME Deletes action NAME if scrips doesn't use it. switch NAME Switch action NAME from notify as correspondence to comment and back. rename NAME --newname NEWNAME Renames action NAME to NEWNAME. NOTES If command has option --group or --user then you can use it more then once, if other is not specified. AUTHOR
Ruslan U. Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> SEE ALSO
RT::Action::NotifyGroup, RT::Action::NotifyGroupAsComment perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-group-admin(8)