Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua Post 302439992 by lystor on Sunday 25th of July 2010 02:35:44 PM
Old 07-25-2010
The project website was changed to pkgs.org

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where can I find details of what various Solaris packages do?

Among varous other items, I'm trying to find out what "Authentication Management Infrastructure" (package SUNWamix) does, and why would a sysadmin disable it? The reason given is 'for security purposes' without explanation ... how and why is AMI such a 'security risk' that it has to be turned off?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muleheadjoe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Packages running on a server

On a HP machine I used this /usr/sbin/cmviewcl But on a Sun machine what is the command to find out the packages installed on it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to find the software packages and root directories

Hi all, i have one requirement to audit the software packages list in unix server. For this the i go through #pkginfo command.But there are lot of packages. i get confused how to find the software packages and root directories paths. Please let me know whether i am going correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Which packages contain?

Cannot find which packages install: The executable: sharemgr The service: smb/server Anyone knows? Background, I want to setup CIFS on ZFS. Solaris 10. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb008
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to find the list of all packages present in a directory

Hi I'm in a directory named /tmp/mq7 i need to upgrade the mq version from 6 to 7 but im not sure where is the package located ? which command in solaris will show me the list of all the packages present in the directory /tmp/mq7 ? my box is running with solaris version 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS4 and acl: perfect on Slackware,not working on centos6,why?

I have a problem with acl and nfs4 on centos. On Slackware clients nfs4 fs mounted works fine,acl (posix,not nfs acl) is respected. On Centos 6.4 very strange thing..acl is not working on nfs4. nfsmount.conf and idmapd.conf are the same on all client and kernel options on nfs acl are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Yum find a very common file in many packages

I am trying to find a yum file that is very common in many packages. I would normally start off with this command, but the file is SO common I don't know which package it is in. yum provides \*compress (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find required packages needed by cairo?

Hello, I am currently trying to install and old version of Cairo. I tried two versions, 10.5 and 1.1.1 and they say similar things. Pango 1.1.1 says: and Pango 1.0.5 says: So quite similar. I downloaded two freetype packages, versions number 2.9.1 and 2.2.1 and passed them through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
2 Replies
DPKG-CHECKDEPS.RB(1)					      General Commands Manual					      DPKG-CHECKDEPS.RB(1)

NAME
dpkg-checkdeps.rb - Utility to check deb dependency SYNOPSIS
dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] debfile ... dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] --from packages pkgname... dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] --from --all dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] --check pkgname... opts: --to packages --arch arch --verbose -q DESCRIPTION
dpkg-checkdeps.rb checks deb dependency problems when specified deb packages are installed in the target packages list. OPTIONS
-t packages-file --to packages-file Specify target packages-file. If this option is used multiple times, packages lists are appended. If no -t option specified, default is current installed packages list, that is, /var/lib/dpkg/status. -f packages-file --from packages-file Specify source packages-file. If this option is used multiple times, packages lists are appended. If you use this option, you can select packages by package-name, or all of them by --all option. -A --all Select all packages in source packages-file. You must use this option with --from option. -a arch --arch arch Specify acceptable arch in packages-file. Default is installation_architecture of dpkg. -c --check Check selected packages are satisfied by all packages in target packages. -v --verbose Verbose mode -h --help Display some help. EXAMPLES
% dpkg-checkdeps.rb --arch alpha --to '*/binary-$ARCH/Packages' --from ../proposed-updates/Packages' --all % dpkg-checkdeps.rb --to '*/binary-$ARCH/Packages' --check libc6 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs in this program. This checks only depends, recommends and suggests, doesn't check pre-depends and conflicts, yet. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on our own. AUTHOR
Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-CHECKDEPS.RB(1)