Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux which linux distribution to use for SOHO ? Post 302439983 by presul on Sunday 25th of July 2010 11:57:16 AM
Old 07-25-2010
I consider running openSUSE or Ubuntu.
Which one would be the best solution to a novice user in linux and to allow interoperatibility with windows platform ?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know which Linux Distribution i am using

Hi, I m working on many Linux servers in my project. But i am unable to know which Linux Distribution i am using Like whether i am using SUSE or REDHAT or MONDRAKE. I tried with "uname" command. But it does not help me. Please provide me the command if u know. Regards, Basavaraja KC (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BasavarajaKC
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know which Linux Distribution i am using ?

Hi, I m working on many Linux servers in my project. But i am unable to know which Linux Distribution i am using Like whether i am using SUSE or REDHAT or MONDRAKE. I tried with "uname" command. But it does not help me. Please provide me the command if u know. Regards, Basavaraja KC (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BasavarajaKC
5 Replies

3. Programming

Linux Distribution

Hi, Can anyone please tell me, what is the best Linux distribution for Software Development. Thanks, Philip. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phi01
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What was your first Linux distribution?

What was the first Linux distribution you tried? My first was Knoppix, it was pretty good I thought, and it supported my old hardware http://www.linuxforum.com/images/smilies/smile.png Too bad I couldn't figure out how to install it at the time though. What about you? (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
32 Replies
NNTP-PULL(1)							 nntp-pull manual						      NNTP-PULL(1)

NAME
nntp-pull - fetch articles from the server to the mbox SYNOPSIS
nntp-pull [options...] groupname [groupname...] DESCRIPTION
Fetch messages from the server and save them into the mailbox (mbox format). Every argument is supposed to be a name of group, optionally followed by a '>' character and mbox filename. If the mbox filename is omitted, it defaults to the name of the group. Besides global options (described in sinntp(1)), nntp-pull command takes following options: --limit=N Pull at most N messages. --reget Start from the first available message. EXAMPLES
nntp-pull --server=news.example.org --limit=50 'comp.os.linux>os-linux' Fetches at most the 50 newest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.linux located on news.example.org server and appends them to the os-linux mailbox file. nntp-pull --server=news.example.net --reget --limit=3 comp.os.windows Fetches at most the 3 oldest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.windows located on news.example.net server and appends them to the comp.os.windows mailbox file. SEE ALSO
sinntp(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Piotr Lewandowski, Jakub Wilk nntp-pull 1.5 2012-04-18 NNTP-PULL(1)