Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux which linux distribution to use for SOHO ? Post 302439963 by fpmurphy on Sunday 25th of July 2010 10:18:00 AM
Old 07-25-2010
Fedora is a cutting edge development distribution. To a certain extent, things are expected to break in it. It is the upstream development release for Red Hat, CentOS, etc. Unless you know what you are doing, I would not recommend you use it. Ubuntu is probably what you should use.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know which Linux Distribution i am using

Hi, I m working on many Linux servers in my project. But i am unable to know which Linux Distribution i am using Like whether i am using SUSE or REDHAT or MONDRAKE. I tried with "uname" command. But it does not help me. Please provide me the command if u know. Regards, Basavaraja KC (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BasavarajaKC
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know which Linux Distribution i am using ?

Hi, I m working on many Linux servers in my project. But i am unable to know which Linux Distribution i am using Like whether i am using SUSE or REDHAT or MONDRAKE. I tried with "uname" command. But it does not help me. Please provide me the command if u know. Regards, Basavaraja KC (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BasavarajaKC
5 Replies

3. Programming

Linux Distribution

Hi, Can anyone please tell me, what is the best Linux distribution for Software Development. Thanks, Philip. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phi01
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What was your first Linux distribution?

What was the first Linux distribution you tried? My first was Knoppix, it was pretty good I thought, and it supported my old hardware http://www.linuxforum.com/images/smilies/smile.png Too bad I couldn't figure out how to install it at the time though. What about you? (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
32 Replies
DMXQueryVersion(3)					     Library Functions Manual						DMXQueryVersion(3)

NAME
DMXQueryVersion - determine DMX extension version SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> Bool DMXQueryVersion(Display *dpy, int *major_version, int *minor_version, int *patch_version); DESCRIPTION
DMXQueryVersion() returns version information about the DMX protocol extension. Any incompatible changes to the protocol will be indicated by a change in major_version. Small, upward-compatible changes will be indi- cated by a change in minor_version. In general, patch_version is for informational purposes and will encode the date of the last protocol revision (e.g., 20040604). RETURN VALUE
If the DMX protocol extension is available, major_version, minor_version, and patch_version will be set, and True will be returned. Other- wise, False will be returned. NOTES
At the time of this writing, the DMX protocol is at version 2.2. Version 2.2 was the final development version, and code supporting this version was submitted to upstream X server repositories in the sum- mer of 2004. Version 1.5 was the last of the 1.x series, which was used for development before screen and input addition and removal were supported. Version 2.0 and 2.1 were development versions that partially supported screen and input addition and removal. Since we do not expect development versions to be widely used, we recommend that any software that uses the DMX protocol extension to sup- port only versions 2.2 and above (although they should detect earlier versions and either reduce functionality or fail gracefully). SEE ALSO
DMXQueryExtension(3), DMX(3), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.2 DMXQueryVersion(3)