Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux which linux distribution to use for SOHO ? Post 302439956 by presul on Sunday 25th of July 2010 09:27:09 AM
Old 07-25-2010
Can you be more specific when you say SOHO?
SOHO (Small Office Home Office)

Do you need databases, spreadsheets, bookkeeping software?
YES

Do you need portability of your files with Windows systems?
YES

Will you be running the distribution on a laptop or desktop?
LAPTOP

Are you a heavy user with large memory demands or with large graphical demands?
LARGE MEMORY DEMANDS

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know which Linux Distribution i am using

Hi, I m working on many Linux servers in my project. But i am unable to know which Linux Distribution i am using Like whether i am using SUSE or REDHAT or MONDRAKE. I tried with "uname" command. But it does not help me. Please provide me the command if u know. Regards, Basavaraja KC (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BasavarajaKC
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know which Linux Distribution i am using ?

Hi, I m working on many Linux servers in my project. But i am unable to know which Linux Distribution i am using Like whether i am using SUSE or REDHAT or MONDRAKE. I tried with "uname" command. But it does not help me. Please provide me the command if u know. Regards, Basavaraja KC (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BasavarajaKC
5 Replies

3. Programming

Linux Distribution

Hi, Can anyone please tell me, what is the best Linux distribution for Software Development. Thanks, Philip. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phi01
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What was your first Linux distribution?

What was the first Linux distribution you tried? My first was Knoppix, it was pretty good I thought, and it supported my old hardware http://www.linuxforum.com/images/smilies/smile.png Too bad I couldn't figure out how to install it at the time though. What about you? (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
32 Replies
slabad.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slabad.f(3)

NAME
slabad.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slabad (SMALL, LARGE) SLABAD Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slabad (realSMALL, realLARGE) SLABAD Purpose: SLABAD takes as input the values computed by SLAMCH for underflow and overflow, and returns the square root of each of these values if the log of LARGE is sufficiently large. This subroutine is intended to identify machines with a large exponent range, such as the Crays, and redefine the underflow and overflow limits to be the square roots of the values computed by SLAMCH. This subroutine is needed because SLAMCH does not compensate for poor arithmetic in the upper half of the exponent range, as is found on a Cray. Parameters: SMALL SMALL is REAL On entry, the underflow threshold as computed by SLAMCH. On exit, if LOG10(LARGE) is sufficiently large, the square root of SMALL, otherwise unchanged. LARGE LARGE is REAL On entry, the overflow threshold as computed by SLAMCH. On exit, if LOG10(LARGE) is sufficiently large, the square root of LARGE, otherwise unchanged. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 75 of file slabad.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 slabad.f(3)