Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to monitor folder and upload found files via FTP Post 302439856 by pulsorock on Saturday 24th of July 2010 09:15:19 AM
Old 07-24-2010
The script is to be run as a cron in Rackspace Cloud Sites, so that's the only option I have.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp Upload Folder

Hi! I'd like to upload a complete folder with subfolders with put. At the moment I always get the err-msg: aboutme: not a plain file Could anyone help me?? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberthawke
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp error 550 folder not found

Hi, I am having an ftp script(runs in HP unix server) that connect to another server where we have different folders named as email addresses(eg."anarayana@yahoo.com"). Then it goes to each folder and put the file in that folder. I found an error when remote folder is not created. "550... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lnarayana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor tmp folder for uploads

Hello, We have been having some issues with our users overwriting files, and then not having a backup. What I would love to do, is create a shell script to monitor /tmp, for uploads, and make a copy of the file they are trying to upload before the upload finishes. Is this possible at all? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrfr0g
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp put in shell script -- whole file doesn't upload

Hi I'm having some trouble with a bash shell script that I'm writing. In the script, I'm trying to upload a file to a backup repository using ftp, but the whole file doesn't get uploaded. This is the file's properties at the start (I've highlighted the file size in red): -rw-r--r-- 1 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viola
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Unix Shell script to Windows Shared folder ?

Hi Before Posting my query in this forum, I have gone through various similar postings to get some idea on ftp and how to do that from unix shell script to windows server. My question is related to FTP'ing from Unix to windows shared folder My basic question is 1. Is it possible to do FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Upload/download files using cURL

hi please help me out here, i want to use curl command in shell script to test web pages, what i have is an opening page, when i click on a button on opening page, the next page comes up and then i have to upload a file n then click another button to submit and then comes the output page,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in shell script and selecting files for upload

Hi, Im a newbie with programming and shell scripting. Im running OSX/Mac and Darwin. I would like to create a shell script that would : 1. Search a Volume and directory (including subdirectories) for a file that : * filename ends with ”_Highres.pdf” and * the file creation date of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NickeZ28
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for FTP folder pattern

Hello, I have 3 folders on FTP server in the format yyyymmddhhmiss as below,ftp> cd /home/walgreens 250 CWD command successful ftp> ls 200 PORT command successful 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list 20150708072901 20150708092901 20150708102901The above folders are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need shell script to monitor files

Hi Experts, I am not good in writing script. Just stared. I am looking for shell script to check following parameters. 1) Number of files on remote Linux SUSE server.- Any directory and sub directory. 2) I should define number of files in script. Files should be variable. 3) Age of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApmPerfMonitor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)