Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cleaning up Arrays with duplicate values Post 302439830 by dr.house on Saturday 24th of July 2010 05:07:06 AM
Old 07-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelsin
(spam alert)
Spam in, spam out Smilie (Not sure I'm getting you right, though ...)

Code:
[house@leonov] cat data1
[house@leonov] cat data2
[house@leonov] paste data1 data2 | awk 'BEGIN {X=0} {if (X!=$1) {print $0; X=$1}}'
175     176
176     177
177     178

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing values in arrays using shell

Friends, I have to execute a command and store its contents into an array using shell. this is what i have tried #!/bin/bash disk_names = ($(`iostat -xtc | egrep -v "device|nfs" | awk '{print $1}'| tr '\n' ' ' `)) But its throwing an error message as ./test-script ./test-script:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays

I have the following csh script which lets the use pass the following as an argument -legend=tag1/tag2/tag3/tag4/tag5/tag6/tag7 We pass a number of tags separated by '/'. I want to save the legend tags in an array and have done as below. How can I improve on this as things are getting quite... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrays and two values

I have requirement where I need to capture the highest values of items from a feed that runs for N hours. For example lets assume my data looks like this first feed ======== appples 10 oranges 20 pears 14 second feed ========== apples 5 oranges 30 pears 1 Last feed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I find the sum of values from two arrays?

Hi I have redc containing the values 3, 6, 2, 8, and 1. I have work containing the values 8, 2, 11, 7, and 9. Is there a way to find the sum of redc and work? I need to compare the sum of those two arrays to something else, so is it okay to put that into my END? TY! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: razrnaga
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using dynamic arrays to extract the values

Hi all, We have requirement to generate load timing based on subject areas HOUSEHOLD, BANKING and TRADING. These values are stored in an array SUB_ARR SUB_ARR=("HOUSEHOLD" "BANKING" "TRADING") Based on indicator files produced while processing data for each type, we need to get the stats (using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the values of dynamically named arrays

Hi all, In ksh, I'm trying to loop through all of my arrays, named array1, array2, array3..., and update the indices. But I'm getting errors and I'm not sure how to fix them. The errors are ./parse.sh: 6+1: not found The code is: eval \${array$c}=$(eval \${array$c}+1 ) Any help... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksantos1
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two arrays by values [BASH]

I have 2 arrays of values for example A1 ={10 15 3 21} A2 ={10 15 3 22} I need to check which one has greater values. However: A1 ={10 15 3 21} A2 ={10 15 3 21 3} - this one would be greater. A1 ={10 15 5 21} - this one greater A2 ={10 15 3 21} Basically, I want to compare patch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jutsimitsu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies
SoPrimitiveVertexCache(3)					       Coin						 SoPrimitiveVertexCache(3)

NAME
SoPrimitiveVertexCache - SYNOPSIS
Inherits SoCache. Public Types enum Arrays { NORMAL = 0x01, TEXCOORD = 0x02, COLOR = 0x04, ALL = (NORMAL|TEXCOORD|COLOR) } Public Member Functions SoPrimitiveVertexCache (SoState *state) virtual ~SoPrimitiveVertexCache () void renderTriangles (SoState *state, const int arrays=ALL) const void renderLines (SoState *state, const int arrays=ALL) const void renderPoints (SoState *state, const int array=ALL) const void addTriangle (const SoPrimitiveVertex *v0, const SoPrimitiveVertex *v1, const SoPrimitiveVertex *v2, const int *pointdetailidx=NULL) void addLine (const SoPrimitiveVertex *v0, const SoPrimitiveVertex *v1) void addPoint (const SoPrimitiveVertex *v) int getNumVertices (void) const const SbVec3f * getVertexArray (void) const const SbVec3f * getNormalArray (void) const const SbVec4f * getTexCoordArray (void) const const SbVec2f * getBumpCoordArray (void) const const uint8_t * getColorArray (void) const int getNumTriangleIndices (void) const const GLint * getTriangleIndices (void) const int32_t getTriangleIndex (const int idx) const SbBool colorPerVertex (void) const const SbVec4f * getMultiTextureCoordinateArray (const int unit) const int getNumLineIndices (void) const const GLint * getLineIndices (void) const int getNumPointIndices (void) const const GLint * getPointIndices (void) const void fit (void) void depthSortTriangles (SoState *state) Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description The SoPrimitiveVertexClass is used to cache generated triangles. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SoPrimitiveVertexCache::SoPrimitiveVertexCache (SoState *state) Constructor. SoPrimitiveVertexCache::~SoPrimitiveVertexCache () [virtual] Destructor. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SoPrimitiveVertexCache(3)