Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get a list of files in a dir w/o sub-directories? Post 302439675 by aoussenko on Friday 23rd of July 2010 09:19:06 AM
Old 07-23-2010
Thanks a lot to everybody for reply.
I am on 2 machines one has AIX operating system and another SunOS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specified files from list of files from dir A to dir B

Hello, fjalkdsjfkldsajflkajdskl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmeesara
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat certain files in directories to files named after the dir?

Hi all, I have a directory with many subdirectories each named like so: KOG0001, KOG0002, ...KOG9999. Each of these subdirectories contain a variable number two kinds of files (nuc and prot) named like so: Capitella_sp_nuc_hits.fasta (nuc) and Capitella_sp_prot_hits.fasta (prot). The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to move files in a dir into different directories based on the filename

I want to move the files in a dir to different dirs based on their file names. Ex: i have 4 different files with name - CTS_NONE_10476031_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10633009_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt CTS_NONE_10345673_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10872456_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt and the 1st... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move files in a dir into different directories based on the filename

I want to move the files in a dir to different dirs based on their file names. Ex: i have 4 different files with name - CTS_NONE_10476031_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10633009_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt CTS_NONE_10345673_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10872456_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt and the 1st... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list all the files for today in the dir

I am trying following ... ls -ltrh | grep 'Dec 2' but it is displaying files for last year also ..as this dir is full of files from last 3-5 yrs I only want to files for today. e.g . ls -ltrh | grep 'Dec 2' -rw-r----- 1 ajay ajay 0 Dec 2 2010 text23.txt -rw-r----- ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files to a dir using from a list

Hi all, I'd very grateful for some help with the following: I have a directory with several subdirectories with files in them. All files are named different, even between different subdirectories. I also have a list with some of those file names in a txt file (without the path, just the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: foracoffee
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files in dir and grep accordingly

bash or c-shell On Solaris 10 I need a command that will list the files of a directory, and grep each of those filenames out of a static text file, and then only echo field 2 of the static text file. Something like this: #> ls -1 /home/dir/ | each filename grep $filename static.txt |awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies
DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)

NAME
dh_di_numbers - install numbered scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_di_numbers [debhelper options] [dir [...] dest] DESCRIPTION
dh_di_numbers is a debhelper program that installs directories of numbered scripts into package build directories. Within each directory, there should be a "_numbers" file in which each line contains at least two space-separated fields. The first field in each line is a two-digit number, which will be prefixed to the entry name to provide ordering within the directory; the second is the entry name, which must correspond to a file or directory alongside the "_numbers" file; and the third field, if present, is another two- digit number which identifies another entry with the same entry name to which this entry should be a symlink. Any additional directory names specified as parameters will be installed in the package build directory of the first package dh_di_numbers is told to act on. By default, this is the first binary package in debian/control, but if you use -p, -i, or -a flags, it will be the first package specified by those flags. FILES
debian/package.di-numbers List the directories to install into each package and the directory they should be installed to. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a directory or directories to install, and at the end of the line tells the directory they should be installed in. The name of the directories to install should be given relative to the current directory, while the installation directory is given relative to the package build directory. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install (in v3 mode and above). OPTIONS
dir [...] dest Lists directories to install and where to install them to. The files will be installed into the first package dh_di_numbers acts on. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of dh-di. AUTHOR
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> 3 2009-09-16 DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)