Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CRON JOB SCHEDULER throwing "option not allowed error" Post 302439617 by jim mcnamara on Friday 23rd of July 2010 06:41:18 AM
Old 07-23-2010
Why do you not have absolute path(s) to files? ie.

Code:
/home/truharsh/run_report.sh

cron does not login to your home directory when it runs your scripts

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 07-23-2010 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: error fix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "at" / "Cron" Command New Problem...Need help

Hi All, I am trying to schedule a one time job using the at command with the help of shell script for my project. The shell script should take a parameter as a command line argument from the at command itself. Is it possible to take a command line parameter for a shell script in the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohanraj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job scheduler without using cron

Hi, I want to schedule the scripts/batches to run simultaneously. I had all the information in the config (flat)file, which contains script name, time, dependency, path, priority and status etc., I want to run the jobs parellelly and some jobs are required to give the input. How can I do this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"ld.so.1" error using a cron job | works fine otherwise

Hi, A cron job CJ invokes a shell script SC. SC internally invokes multiple perl scripts. One of the perl scripts deals with Accurev (i am using Accurev CLI). The first accurev command encountered is accurev merge -i <<file_name>> (file name has absolute path) When I run the perl script or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh
1 Replies

5. AIX

ssh public key auth "Remote login for account is not allowed" ?

Hello, Using AIX 6.1 boxes. User user1 connects from box A to box B using ssh. When password authentication is used everything is fine. When I configure user1 to use public key authentication sftp client works fine(no password asked), but ssh client fails. This is sshd log: Accepted publickey... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: "logger: illegal option -- p"

Hi All, I am working on a Solaris 10 server. From this month start, it gives the error "logger: illegal option -- p" with each command. If I execute a script whose output shown on terminal, it comes many times.. Could you please help? It comes only for my login. And I dont remember any changes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaiseaugustine
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail script throwing an error "No recipient addresses found in header"

Hi, I am using following code to send an e-mail with attachment and body. echo "To: user1@mail.com,user2@mail.com" > mail.tmp echo "Cc: user3@mail.com,user4@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "From: group@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "Subject: my report" >> mail.tmp echo "please see as attached"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the meaning of "-s" option in "if" statement?

Hi Guys, I'm sorry but I can't find answer for this, what is the meaning of -s option in "if" statement on unix scipting. Please see sample below: opath=/home/output for i in N1 N2 N3 N4 do echo $i if then grep $i $opath/N5_CRAI > $opath/N5_$i.crai chmod 777 $opath/N5_$i.crai ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies
git-annex-shell(1)					      General Commands Manual						git-annex-shell(1)

NAME
git-annex-shell - Restricted login shell for git-annex only SSH access SYNOPSIS
git-annex-shell [-c] command [params ...] DESCRIPTION
git-annex-shell is a restricted shell, similar to git-shell, which can be used as a login shell for SSH accounts. Since its syntax is identical to git-shell's, it can be used as a drop-in replacement anywhere git-shell is used. For example it can be used as a user's restricted login shell. COMMANDS
Any command not listed below is passed through to git-shell. Note that the directory parameter should be an absolute path, otherwise it is assumed to be relative to the user's home directory. Also the first "/~/" or "/~user/" is expanded to the specified home directory. configlist directory This outputs a subset of the git configuration, in the same form as git config --list inannex directory [key ...] This checks if all specified keys are present in the annex, and exits zero if so. dropkey directory [key ...] This drops the annexed data for the specified keys. recvkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to receive the content of a key, and stores the content in the annex. sendkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to transfer out the content of a key. commit directory This commits any staged changes to the git-annex branch. It also runs the annex-content hook. OPTIONS
Most options are the same as in git-annex. The ones specific to git-annex-shell are: --uuid=UUID git-annex uses this to specify the UUID of the repository it was expecting git-annex-shell to access, as a sanity check. HOOK
After content is received or dropped from the repository by git-annex-shell, it runs a hook, .git/hooks/annex-content (or hooks/annex-con- tent on a bare repository). The hook is not currently passed any information about what changed. ENVIRONMENT
GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_READONLY If set, disallows any command that could modify the repository. GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_LIMITED If set, disallows running git-shell to handle unknown commands. SEE ALSO
git-annex(1) git-shell(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> <http://git-annex.branchable.com/> git-annex-shell(1)