Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding date when using awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding date when using awk Post 302439422 by aeroticman on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 12:56:56 PM
Old 07-22-2010
Thank you...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding date to cron log

Hi. I'm trying to output the current date to a cronjob log file. Nothing seems to work, echo $(date), echo `date` or just date in the script. I'm using /sbin/sh Any ideas? Thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnH
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a date as a first column

I want to add a date to a record which is appended to a file that gets its data from an external source. An explanation: 1. Getting external data: curl http://www.example.com/temperatures.txt 2. Getting the required record: | grep mylocation 3. Appending to file: >> mytemperatures.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a date to the last of each file name

i have some files in my directory....wit names say aaa, bbb, ccc,,,,, i want to make loop so that for each file name,,,,,,a sysdate should be appended in the end.........and the files should look like aaa_20100331 i knw date can be appended as `date +"%Y%m%d"` but m nt able to make a loop. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding days to system date then compare to a date

Hi! I am trying to read a file and every line has a specific date as one of its fields. I want to take that date and compare it to the date today plus 6 days. while read line do date=substr($line, $datepos, 8) #date is expected to be YYYYMMDD if ; then ...proceed commands ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding date to file

I want this: 0.0230769,0.407692,0.307692,0,0.1,1.4,1,0,ADD DATE HERE, im getting this: 11/02/12 0.00192308,0.0269231,0.0192308,0,0.1,1.4,1,0, my script: #!/bin/ksh DIR=/export/home/yani_m/scripts/scrip_out_put/ DIR2=/export/home/yani_m/scripts/scrip_out_put/calc/ Date=$1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding/ Subtracting from Date

Hi , How can I add/substruct x number of days with date? For example My_Date=`date` Now I need Hope it's clear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with adding date

Hi All, Please let me know the error in the below code. m=(0 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec) M=$(date +%m) Y=$(date +%Y) if ; then M=01 Y=$(($Y+1)) else M=$M+1)printf "01-%s-%d\n" ${m} $Y fi Log: + m=(0 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec) ++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding one day to a date

Hi All, I want to add one day to a date and store it in a variable. From GUI we are passing value (last day of the month)to $t_date. This $t_date will give me the value like this %Y%m%d 20150531. Now I want to add one day to this value and store it in a variable "datein". datein should... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding days to date

Hi, please can somebody let me know the easiest way to add days to a date. I can do this in perl but would like to able to do it in a shell script. Desired output would be: date +'%Y-%m-%d' + 10 = 2016-05-02 Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy391791
8 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)