Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List files with Date Range and Zip it Post 302439414 by aigles on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 12:34:52 PM
Old 07-22-2010
Try :
Code:
find $fpath \( -newer /tmp/newerstart -a \! -newer /tmp/newerend \) | xargs gzip

Jean-Pierre.
This User Gave Thanks to aigles For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp only files in certain date range

hi all, I'm trying to do a cp only on files I created on a given day or within a certain date range. What's the best way to do this? Cheers, KL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ee7klt
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip files by date

Hello, I need to create a bash script file that zip files. The obj is : the script enter into a directory, see all directories, and zip the files by date ( the script is for managment of logfiles ), exemple: in the directory there is just files following the name "ex090210" (yymmdd ), so i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joinup
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list file names in a certain date range using ls command?

Hi experts, I Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls:confused:. Please help me with any sample script. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vutti
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using 'date' to list a range of dates

Hi guys, I have been trying to create a list of dates from a certain range, ie. range from 01011950 to 31122000 But when my below code reaches certain dates, it comes up with a; 'date: invalid date 'yyyy-mm-dd -d 1day' Sofar I have come up with the following, slow and ugly; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with removing files with date range

Hi, I want to remove trace files in a particular directory for a specific date range. Currently i can remove based on time (e.g find /path/*.trm -mtime +1000 -exec rm {} \;). But i want to remove .trm files within a date range. E.g to remove .trm files between jan 1 2002 to April 15 2005. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
ZDIFF(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZDIFF(1)

NAME
zcmp, zdiff -- compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
zcmp [options] file [file2] zdiff [options] file [file2] DESCRIPTION
zcmp and zdiff are filters that invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) respectively to compare compressed files. Any options that are specified are passed to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only file1 is specified, it is compared against a file with the same name, but with the extension removed. When both file1 or file2 are specified, either file may be compressed. Extensions handled by gzip(1): o z, Z, o gz, o taz, o tgz. Extensions handled by bzip2(1): o bz, o bz2, o tbz, o tbz2. Extensions handled by xz(1): o lzma, o xz, o tlz, o txz. ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR Directory in which to place temporary files. If unset, /tmp is used. FILES
/tmp/zcmp.XXXXXXXXXX Temporary file for zcmp. /tmp/zdiff.XXXXXXXXXX Temporary file for zdiff. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), cmp(1), diff(1), gzip(1), xz(1) CAVEATS
zcmp and zdiff rely solely on the file extension to determine what is, or is not, a compressed file. Consequently, the following are not supported as arguments: - directories - device special files - filenames indicating the standard input (``-'') BSD
May 23, 2011 BSD